Cannot find Server since last upgrade

I have exactly the same problem. HELP. Its a shame that Roon support system is so complicated

Is there any way of returning to previous version. How do we get credit? mine has not worked for weeks.

Can someone get in contact from Roon Support. Have friends over tomorrow night. No music!!!

Roon Software Discussion Core Machine

HP Pavilion Wave Desktop PC 600-ao55na

Intel Core i5-6400T
16GB
Integrated Intel HD Graphic
Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 and Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) 1 x 1 technology
128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Deco M5 Mesh System connected to BT Smart Hub

Wi-Fi 5
IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5 GHz
IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz
TP-Link Mesh Technology
Optional Ethernet backhaul work together to link Deco units to provide seamless coverage
Access Point Mode
Qualcomm 717 MHz Quad-core CPU
WPA-Personal
WPA2-Personal
Port Forwarding
UPnP
TP-Link

Connected Audio Devices

ipad
Samsung S9
Naim Unit Atom
Several Sonos Speakers

Number of Tracks in Library
Do not have NAS - Roon connected to Itunes Library plus hard Drive of HP.
Estimated 30000 tracks?## Roon Server Machine

Since last upgrade I have not been able to connect to my Server, Can someone please help? Thank You

1 Like

Would be pleased if someone could get in touch from Suppoty and how do we get credit for down time?

Me too. I have about the same configuration and the same problem.

@Stephen_Gay, a couple of suggestions:

1. Are your Roon computers running Windows set to Private networking and not Public (under the Windows Settings → Network & Internet tab)?

2. Do you have Windows firewall exceptions set for all the following: roon.exe, raatserver.exe, and roonappliance.exe?

Checked both - changed to public networking. Still will not connect.

@Stephen_Gay, you may have misinterpreted my first suggestion. The Windows Network Settings must be set to Private for Roon to work on your home network.

Hello Robert.

The windows network settings were set to private. I could connect fine until the latest upgrade.

Steve

As a troubleshooting step Roon recommend downloading Roon from their website and reinstalling installing Roon (over the top of the existing installation.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled on my main core and my ipad and phone but still thecsame problem. Not able to speak to someone in support directly is VERY frustrating. I seem to have no alternative but to cancel my subscription.

Is the Roon Server actually running on your Windows 10 PC?

Yes. That’s correct.

1 Like

Hello @Stephen_Gay
Thanks for reporting!
Since your RoonServer has been offline for the last 1 day, I can`t get the server logs and figure out the problem.
Could you please start the RoonServer and let me know?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hello @andrew.v

I have now switched the server on.

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

1 Like

@Stephen_Gay, is Roon working for you now?

No. Still not working. My ipad or android phonr cannot connect to ther server.

Does your HP Pavilion Roon Server computer work if Roon is used to play music only on this PC?

Yes.

Roon plays music on the PC.

Thanks

Steve