Cannot Play 192kHz/24bit Qobuz Tracks

The main things are :
1 - Roon has a better quality than Qobuz by itself and that’s why I would like to keep Roon.
2 - The Oracle DAC 1000 is much much better than CXN V2 and that’s why I don’t want to use the internal DAC of the CXN.

I just read a review of the Oracle , impressive!

Router is connected directly to Cambridge CXN through RJ45 Ethernet
MacBook Pro is connected to the Router through WiFi

Despite the Oracle has been designed in 2009, it is a beast ! Very natural sound !
A beauty.

Just downloaded the user manual.

What is the “upsample” button on the front panel ?

Looks like it should be set 192 or Bypass, what does the Display say

REC-OFF 192 ?

Can you try connecting the MacBook Pro to the router by Ethernet for a test, wireless can be iffy, even then it shouldn’t stop playback

Rec-Off 192kHz
D3_Coax 1 - Fixed

That’s what the manual says it should be , you could try BYPASS that sounds like it leaves the signal untouched .

I take it you have no other indication of the signal, for example mine reads out what’s passed to it

Can you try connecting the MacBook Pro to the router by Ethernet for a test, wireless can be iffy, even then it shouldn’t stop playback

I can’t connect to the router because I don’t have ethernet output on the MacBook.

Ah ! , not a Mac user

Maybe try the BYPASS setting, the manual says it passes the sample rate unadjusted

Doesn’t work on Bypass mode either.

I don’t think Wifi is the problem. Network works quite fine and the issue doesn’t occur on Qobuz by itself.

I’m running out of ideas. Let’s call in @support

There’s not much left to “twiddle”. Bypass on the face of it should pass whatever is passed to it , hence 192 is not being passed.

Just to be clear, on the CXN you are using the CoAx output NOT the optical one , silly question but …it would explain , the other option is the CXN has an issue ? It seems to be behaving different to my V1 and it shouldn’t

Just to be clear, on the CXN you are using the CoAx output NOT the optical one, silly question but …
Yes, SPDIF Coax output and Kimber KCTG Digital cable. I don’t use the optical one.

Have you spoken to CA support ? They are usually very good.

Maybe pass them the link to this thread, my only thought at the moment is that the CXN is not passing 192 which is a fault ?

I think every other Avenue has been tried , you really need a DAC that shows what it’s receiving ?

Ok Mike, I thank you so much for your precious help and I will contact Cambridge to have their opinion on this issue.
I wish you a great day,
Gerald