Cannot see all of the tracks of multi-disc collections

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus - Version 1.7 (build 505) stable
Access from a variety of remotes, mostly an iMac that is directly connected to Ethernet

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon Nucleus is connected directly to a Pakedge RK-1 Router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I play music through two Roon Endpoints: Ayre-QX-8 and MSB Analog DAC, both connected directly to Ethernet.

My issue: I have a number of multi-disc hi-res classical music downloads. For example, I have downloaded Maria Callas Live, a collection of 20 complete operas. This collection has 815 tracks on it (which I’ve confirmed in the external hard drive connected to the Roon Nucleus), yet all that shows up in Roon under this collection is 189 tracks, a fraction of the complete set.

Similarly, I have a collection of Andre Cluytens, 1943-1958, The Complete Orchestra and Concerto Mono Recordings, which has 384 tracks in it. Yet I only see 150 tracks in Roon when accessing this collection (yet there are 384 shown on the external hard drive connected to the Nucleus).

The situation is the same even if I access these collections using Tidal or Qobuz – the complete listing of tracks is missing. How can I access the remainder of the music? And why is this the case that Roon artificially limits the number of tracks in these collections? Is this something I might change in Settings?

Thanks in advance.

Aren’t there labels like “Disc 1”, “Disc 2”, … ?

grafik

From Roon 1.7 Is Live!

Album Screen Improvements

This release also includes 2 changes on the album screen.

First, multi-disc sets up to 200 tracks will now get a new All Tracks tab. This view will allow you to view the entire album in a single list, which should ensure better presentation of multi-part works that span multiple discs.

There is a track limit for “All Tracks”. See also:

And for the case that you’re not talking about multi-disc sets:

And while you’re waiting on an official response:

Yes. But All Disks tab is where multi discs sets using WORK, SECTION and/or PART organizations look the best as you might have tracked grouped in these spread over two discs so you can’t see them grouped together without All Disks. And this seems like it is just an arbitrary limit that doesn’t make sense.

Thanks for your response. So Roon imposes a 200 track limit. Why?

To answer your question: Yes, there are some collections sold as downloads that do not divide the collection into Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, etc., but simply aggregate all the tracks. I will be careful in the future not to purchase these collections because you can’t access/play them on Roon.

I honestly don’t know, I’m just a user of the software. But prior to release 1.7 there wasn’t even an “All Tracks” tab only the “Disc 1”, “Disc 2”, …

Hi @Mark_Salkind,

Currently the limit 200 tracks. This is the intended behavior, but there is a feature request here about making this larger:

I definitely recommend adding to the feature request. Our team keeps a close eye on this category, so it’s a good place to suggest this kind of feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.