MacBook Pro M1 8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Zyxel VMG3625-T50B
WIFI
I have a VPN installed but not active.

Number of Tracks in Library

Mainly Streaming Qobuz an about 500 tracks local

Description of Issue

Im new to Roon and I have been trying to setup my modem/router to use Roon arc, I activated UPnP, but still having the same problem here is the error I’m getting:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“195.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Any advice?
Thanks!

You might have to enable NAT-T as well:

Server-type connections (such are the Roon Core acting as a server) might need this on Zyxel routers:

Wikipedia on NAT-T:

And the manual for your router (in “8.4 The UPnP Screen”):

https://download.zyxel.com/VMG3625-T50B/user_guide/VMG3625-T50B_1.pdf

2 Likes

@Carlos_Aguado , please read my doc on setting up my Zyxel (also please note the comment at the bottom of the post from a “Fernando Pereira” is incorrect).

This configuration has worked flawlessly since I wrote this back in July 2022.

2 Likes

I’ve read this, I don’t have another router, only the Zyxel Modem from my ISP, so just need to know if its possible to do it like that or I also need a router, sorry I’m not so good with all this stuff.

Both are active now, but still having the same error.

Rebooted everything as well?

Yes, also added the Port Forwarding rule, but I still have the error… :frowning:

It might be your ISP. There are lots of other threads with the “Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network” error,
https://community.roonlabs.com/search?q=Did%20not%20find%20UPnP%20service%20with%20WANIPConnection%20on%20network

but I can’t see a common theme. Sometimes is was apparently a router misconfiguration and in other cases it seems to have been caused by the ISP using CG-NAT tech, which prevents port forwarding from working. What is your ISP?

One thing I notice is that you wrote “also added the Port Forwarding rule”. When you did that, did you turn off UPnP? Many routers don’t like it if both a manual forwarding rule and UPnP are enabled.

I think the problem might be related with the CG-NAT, I will try to communicate with my ISP, because I cannot find solution, thank you

Roon is also preparing a new version of ARC that should work with CG-NAT at least for many ISPs. If you feel comfortable, you could try that:

Though in many cases it’s also just a call to the ISP that’s needed to take you off the CG-NAT and give you are real IPv4 address.

I will suspend my subscription until I got this sorted, I think it should be more user friendly, thanks everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.