Cant connect to ARC

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Can’t connect to ARC. After it not working I enabled unpn on my router and it worked for a glorious day. But now not working again. Checked router and still has unpn active. Error log as follows. Any help most appreciated. Thanks

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“>\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\ns:Client\nUPnPError\n\n<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">\n718\nConflictInMappingEntry\n\n\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>\n”}
}

Hi @Jonathan_Rodgers,

I would suggest to disable UPnP and configure a manual port forwarding. I had the same issue, after configuring a manual port forward Roon ARC works like a charm.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi thanks very much for your suggestion. Tried that by setting core to static ip and setting up port forwarding, but still cant get it to work. I am perplexed at the expectation of IT skills and knowledge to get this to run. There are so many moving parts for the relatively uninitiated its frustrating at best. And based on some comments about different configurations in different countries im not sure its even possible here.

Hi Jonathan,

I agree, you need some IT skills to get ARC Running. There are many community members here which would like to help you.

Would you be so kind to fill in below questions:

Roon Core Machine
Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)
<!-Write below this line -!>

Networking Gear & Setup Details
Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using YPN
<!-Write below this line -!>

Connected Audio Devices
Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)
<!- Write below this line -!>

Number of Tracks in Library
Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue
Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Kind regards,

Maarten

Hi @Jonathan_Rodgers,

My suggestion is to disable the UPnP function in the router and apply a manual port forwarding.

I checked the manual of your router (see below).

In Service name enter ie. Roon ARC
In Device name search for your Roon Core machine
In Protocol select TCP
In Internal and External Port enter the port number which is shown in he Roon App under Settings --> Roon ARC
Click on Save.

Then go back to the Roon app and see what under Settings --> Roon ARC the message is (hopefully succesfull).

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Thank you very much again for your help. I tried this but no luck still. I set up a static ip for my laptop that is the roon core. That seems to have worked. Then tried a manual port forward. The options are a bit different to what you found. I am asked for a wan name. And their are 3 options that say voip … then adsl, vdsl or ge. I have tried all 3 but assume its the last one as im on fibre.

Also asks for “internal host” which i assume would be the ip address for my core. Now static. Then asks for external source ip address. Not sure i need that. Finally internal port - which i entered the number as you suggested.
So think im doing it right? But no go still.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Any help most appreciated. Heres the error message i get.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“210.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @Jonathan_Rodgers,

Could you please fill in below questions? This will help me and other community members to help you.

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

@moderators could you please move this question to Support - Port Forwarding Help.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

1 Like

@Jonathan_Rodgers, I have reopened your original thread for continuity.

The port forwarding diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router or not working correctly.

Please try the following steps in order:

• Reboot your Roon Core and networking gear (router, modem, switches, etc.)
  • Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Try to update your router firmware
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode and if not, try to place into Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi internet service provider is vodafone in new zealand. Router is hauwai DN8245X6.

I am currently using a dell laptop as the core connected via wifi. Have tried it via ethernet as well and thats no different for arc.

I am using a tp link mesh system. In “access point” mode. Although i have tried other options.

I have a couple of netlink switches but these are not connected to the laptop running my core. Cheers

Hi any help on this appreciated cheers

Hi @Jonathan_Rodgers,

I would suggest you create a manual port forwarding.
Please look the video below, it’s a port forwarding video on a Huawei Router.
In the Roon App go to Settings → Roon Arc below the error message you will find the ip address of your core and the port number.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi tried this but no luck. Clearly doing something wrong.

Right in thinking port forward in IPv4? Not IPv6.

Heres my latest error message

{
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“210.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi,

Yes, IP4.

Kind regards

Maarten.

Thanks. And am i right that access point mode for the tp link mesh system is fine?

Hi @Jonathan_Rodgers,

I’m sorry, can’t answer the accespoint question.

Hope somebody else can help you with that question.

Regards,

Maarten

The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please confirm that you have tried the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

Since the thread was previously marked as solved, I am flagging @support for you.