Can't connect to ROCK from Windows PC or Android

Hi @Jurgen_Konig – Apologies for the delay. The diagnostics report was received and I’ll be meeting with the technical team soon to discuss their findings. Thanks!

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

I spoke with the team about this. When you’re unable to connect something is causing Roon to go into a loop where it continually crashes. Unfortunately we can’t learn much while Roon is up and running correctly like it is now.

The next time you experience this issue where the remotes can’t connect please flag @support here and we will have the technical team run some advanced diagnostics at that time.

Thanks!

@support
Hi,
ROCK OS runs since 07:05 AM (GMT) RoonServer permanently restart since this time.
Now at 4:15:00 PM I reboot ROCK.
Best regards

Hi @support,
strangely enough, (just) 5 minutes later Roonserver is running stable and I can connect to the Core.
I hope it stays that way.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Thanks for the update. We are still investigating this issue internally, please let us know if you experience this behavior again.

Hello @Jurgen_Konig,

We’ve recently released RoonOS (Build 186) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hello @Noris,
my problem is the Roon Server.
After restarting RoonOS (my ROCK-NUC) it only runs for 10-20 seconds and then restarts again and again. That’s why I keep my Rock-NUC running all the time.
RoonOS runs stable immediately after a restart.
I just installed Build 186: my Roon Server problem is not fixed.
Best regards
Jurgen_Konig

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

To clarify, the issue with RoonServer was caused by a RoonOS issue — So the RoonOS release should address the RoonServer restarting issue you were experiencing.

After updating RoonOS you’re still seeing the same issue after every reboot?

Hi @Dylan Caudill,
at least I can say that the error is probably not with my Roon Remotes (Win 10 PC and Android tablet) or the network connection.
I see in the web interface that the OS is running stable but the server is constantly restarting. None of the remotes are running at this time.
When I start a remote, the core will of course be not found …
I want to try a complete reinstallation of the Rock including the formatting of the music storage in the near future.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Thanks for the details. Can you use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Hi @dylan,
here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkv6k5ugpxxsj0e/juergen.koenig%40gmail.com.zip?dl=0.

Some additional information.
The problem can be solved temporarily by resetting the database and settings via the web interface. After that the remote connect to the core, I can log in and configure everything or restore a backup of my settings. Everything runs stable until I reboot the Rock NUC …
That’s how I did it today, finally rebooting the Rock. The log-files show the time after this last reboot, i.e. the following server loop.

Hi @dylan,
as mentioned in my mail yesterday, I reset my database and settings yesterday. Then I was able to connect to the core and Roon server ran stable.
Maybe the log files from this phase are helpful.

Thanks for the logs, @Jurgen_Konig! I’ll get these to the team and will follow up with you soon.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Have things continued to run okay on the fresh database?

Have you re-imported all of your media?

Hi @dylan,
before rebooting the Rock the last time, I have made a backup of my database and restored it afterwards.
So there is no fresh database. I also did not delete my media from the internal storage.
I have tried with a clean database several times before. There is no difference between restoring my old database or starting with a fresh database after resetting the database. It run stable after the reset with both variants until the next reboot (of Rock).

Thanks, @Jurgen_Konig.

Is the device in this state currently? I’d like to enable diagnostics so the team can take a look at what is occurring while the device is actively in this state.

Hi @dylan,
currently Roon Server is running stable.

Hi @dylan,
I just installed the updates and then restarted my NUC. Nothing has changed:
OS has been running steadily for 25 minutes, Roon Server is permanently restarting.
I won’t do anything in the next 16-20 hours and let my system run in this state.
Maybe you can enable diagnostics.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Just wanted to let you know the team is still looking into this — I’ll be sure to update you ASAP when I have further feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.