Can't display properly on Onkyo DP CMX1 after software upgrade

The device can still connect to Roon Core but the display is not readable.

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

ok. let me know what extra information you need to know.

I can control the Onkyo DP CMX1 using other remote or the core. but it is just the display can’t show properly. Is it a problem of the Android version?

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

• Details on your Remote (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

core: surface go, intel pentium 4415Y @1.6GHz, 8G RAM, Roon 1.7 (Build 571)

remote: Onkyo DP CMX1 Android 6.0.1, Roon 1.7 (Build 571)

Hi @Baden_Cheung,

Are you still able to click on any of the text on the screen? As in does the Roon app respond at all?
Is there any change in behavior if you re-install the Roon app from the app store on this device?

Hi Noris,

I can still able to click the text and it seems working properly. Just the color/ screen is kind of reversed and very difficult to read. For example, it used to be a white background but now it is dark.

I’ve reinstalled it few times and also updated the Android version of it but still doesn’t work.

Baden

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Baden_Cheung. We have a few other reports of this issue on a small set of devices running Android 6 and I have added your report to the investigation ticket. We’ll look into this behavior further, but I cannot comment on when it will reach the top of the review queue.

Hi Noris,

Noted. Take your time. At least it is still working but i have to use other remote to control it. Hope the problem will be solved.

Thanks,
Baden

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.