Can't find and play AAC files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I just installed Roon and am in the learning stages and having a related issue which I sort of found the answer to here though the proposed solution is not optimal.

First of all, when I search for AAC files Roon only finds m4a files in my library. That seems odd to me as there are other containers for AAC than m4a. I’m surprised and disappointed that Roon doesn’t support (raw) AAC files as those are the most efficient and best way to record an Internet radio AAC stream and I have a large number of recordings which I was hoping Roon would play.

There are a lot of other players that do support raw AAC files such as Winamp, VLC, Windows Media Player, and JRiver Media Centre, though that last one is implemented poorly. So I will probably continue to use Winamp, but would like to use Roon when it does add raw AAC support.

I may be wrong but I don’t think dBPoweramp Converter will convert raw AAC to anything else - at least it didn’t the last time I tried it.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_OS_Missing_Codecs

Hi @Thomas_Horrall,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you are using a ROCK setup, does installing the Codecs resolve this behavior?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.