Can't Find Audio Device due to a power outage

Hell,

I had a power outage which turned off my modem/router now Roon can’t seem to locate my music server.

I have tried running the “Configure Roon os devices” in setup and when it searches it finds nothing, but it all worked OK before the power outage.

My music server/streamer is on my network OK.

My Music server is “Roon Ready” as well. But Roon only fines my laptop to play music on.

Can you suggest how to get everything back online? It’s very frustrating.

Thanks,
Paul

Roon Version 1.6

Moved this to the support area for you. You might like to detail more about your network and attached devices as noted here

Someone from support should drop in to assess your additional info.

Hi @Paul_Phillips,

Can you please use this thread as a guide and provide some more information as to your setup?

Have you tried rebooting both your Core and Networking Gear?

Thanks,
Noris

Yes, many times, but this is how the whole problem started, with a power outage that turn all my gear offf including my modem/router combo. Now it won’t find any audio devices. Only plays through my computer speakers. Although the music server MS1 does still show as connected in the General settings (192.168.0.33). Just can’t play anything though?

Also, when I go to Setup and hit configure Roon OS devices it never finds my Wyred 4 Sound MS1 music server which is Roon Ready

Hello @Paul_Phillips,

Thanks for letting me know that information. You mentioned you were unable to play anything through your MS1, does this include both Local and Streaming content or just one and not the other?
As for the Audio Zones not showing up, can you please try these instructions?

• Disconnect all of your endpoints that the Core is supposed to see
  • Connect just one endpoint via USB and see if it works
  • If everything is working as expected then add all of your USB devices
  • After confirming that USB zones work properly, then add one of your network endpoints
  • After confirming one endpoint works then add all of your network endpoints and check again
  • Note the exact local time (e.g. 11:58PM) that you perform this test

I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @Paul_Phillips,

I wanted to reach out to you because our accounting support team notified me of a message that was sent to them, but was addressed to me.

While I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved, we are curious to hear what the resolution was based on your teamviewer session with the technician at Wyred4sound. Would you kindly provide this information to us?

Furthermore, we appreciate the feedback you have provided in regard to our support methods, and always take this kind of feedback into account, as our users’ satisfaction is truly important to us. I think it is important to keep in mind however, that we’ve supported tens of thousands of customers with all sorts of issues, on all sorts of networks, and have been sure to see the issue through until it has been resolved.

As I am sure you can understand, when there is an external factor involved with a support case, that is not directly related to a performance issue (i.e the mentioned power outage that occurred), the only way to determine the cause, or causes of the issue is to systematically look into all possible variables and eliminate said variables one by one.

This often involves looking up IP address that have been assigned, or perhaps not assigned to devices, log analysis, and more often than not, re-configuring setups to pin down the possible variables that are causing the issue.

Thank you again for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback on how the issue was resolved.

– Noris

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.