Can't find UPnP or NAT-PMP in ATT router

I signed up for the 14 day trial and I can’t get the Roon Arc to work. It says it can find the Roon Core. This is the message that I get:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“67.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}

The help feature says I need to enable the UPnP or NAT-PMP in my ATT router which is Model 5268AC. I can’t find that in my router to enable it. I am using a Windows 11 pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John

@John_Dickerson, I moved your post to the Port Forwarding Support section. I am a fellow user but also have the AT&T Pace 5268AC. You need to create a port forwarding rule using instructions similar to these I created for another user:

The only difference is that you will need to put the IP address of your Roon Core in the 1) Select a computer section

I’m still getting an error.

What are the two rules you created, Roon and Roon ARC?

I have that exact same router. For me, the Roon pinhole was already there. I just added one that I named Roon ARC. For me, I put in a range of 55000 to 55002 and it worked. Not knowing anything about any of this, I did it for both TCP and UDP, but I think Roon only uses TCP. By the way, that router does not do UPnP. Also, I doubt it matters, but I did not choose the device by IP address, I chose Nucleus from the list of devices connected to my router.

2 Likes

this is what I get when I try to remove it

What if you remove (but not delete) the Roon rule and keep the Roon ARC rule active? I would also delete the second screenshot showing Status as it has your public IP address listed.

This is what I get when I try to remove Roon

Which computer is the rule “Roon ARC” assigned to? Can you post a screenshot displaying your options under 1) Select a computer? In an earlier screenshot above, there appears to be many options available (SonosZP, Home-Theater, and an Android device ID)? Are there any rules associated and assigned with any of these other devices?

Sorry for all the questions, but my only connected device on my Pace gateway is another router which I let handle all of my LAN traffic.

Her is everything in this section

1. Select a computer

Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall

Wireless Choose InstantPot-ProPlus
Ethernet Choose WDMyCloud
Wireless Choose Office
Wireless Choose amazon-a2e3feebc
Ethernet Choose unknown00C0025DC06F
Wireless Choose 506583227D03-mysimplelink
Wireless Choose Bedroom
Wireless Choose Office-2
Ethernet Choose MyCloudPR2100
Wireless Choose android-fa376ccf1a28e335
Ethernet Choose Roku3-325
Ethernet Choose Apple-TV-2
Wireless Choose AIND25A540
Ethernet Choose Bose SoundTouch AF26F6
Wireless Choose Home
Ethernet Choose pi-star
Ethernet Choose unknown0012FBCEE626
Wireless Choose EPSON8C72B3
Wireless Choose Ting-BF-BD
Ethernet Choose WIN-2E13LCLF71H
Wireless Choose Apple-TV-2
Wireless Choose ChimePro-9e
Wireless Choose ChimePro-9f
Wireless Choose F45EAB091580-mysimplelink
Wireless Choose unknown366A6197A7BC
Wireless Choose unknown2C054723CABD
Ethernet Choose am335x-opt
Ethernet Choose DIRECTV-HS17R05-B4DE3B82
Wireless Choose amazon-43971ba9d
Wireless Choose Ring-9cf137
Ethernet Choose unknown0608B4DE3B84
Ethernet Choose unknown3438B74E0A46
Wireless Choose ATT_4920_F4EB58
Ethernet Choose unknown2C088C791834
Ethernet Choose unknown403DECD138E6
Ethernet Choose unknown2C088C26EDE0
Wireless Choose unknown02EFE3C9C7F1
Ethernet Choose unknown001374000000
Ethernet Choose unknown2C088C7679CE
Wireless Choose unknown4AE49558294B
Wireless Choose steamdeck
Wireless Choose android-fa1ada22de6a740e
Wireless Choose RingPro-b1
Wireless Choose unknown689A87ABFACD
Wireless Choose amazon-f66beb15e
Ethernet Choose SonosZB
Ethernet Choose SonosZP
Wireless Choose unknown0E273778C0E5
Wireless Choose unknown0018D56F7386
Wireless Choose SonosZP
Wireless Choose Home-Theater
Wireless Choose android-7db79b13c8f874a
PC icon Choose static IP: 192.168.1.69
PC icon Enter IP address

Thanks, and just to confirm, 192.168.1.69 is your Roon Core? And there are no other rules associated with any other connected device?

Yes that is Correct

I am at a loss, will tag @support for you to see if they can assist when they return to work Monday.

Thanks for all your help! Maybe they will figure out what is wrong. The irony of all this is that my Plexamp does work remotely. I wonder what they do that Roon doesn’t. I prefer Roon…if we can get it to work.

Thanks,
John

1 Like

Let’s see what support can do. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Hi @John_Dickerson,

A number of potential causes can underpin the diagnostic error you received in the ARC tab in Roon, but let’s start here:

I first recommend you verify you’ve added Roon as an exception to the Windows firewall on your Core device by following these instructions.

You’ll need to verify that the Roon executables are allowed through the Windows firewall, namely Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe. These executables will be visible in the folder path of your Roon database: databaselocation/Application. If you need help locating your Database on a Windows Core, here’s a guide.

Second, we’ve pulled routine diagnostics from your account, and there’s some indication that you’re using Roon with a VPN. Note that VPNs will interfere with port forwarding by translating the routable IP assigned to your router. If you are using a VPN, you’ll need to disable it to configure port forwarding and to use ARC. However, if you require your VPN to remain on for other uses outside Roon, note that Roon users are posting workarounds for accessing ARC via your VPN in the #tinkering and #roon discussion sections, like this one: ARC and a VPN - alternative solution?

We’ll follow up with next steps after you’ve verified these first two steps. Thank you for your patience.

The first 2 steps are done. I do use NordVPN but disabled it while setting up Roon

Hi @John_Dickerson,

I appreciate your update and sorry for the long delay. We will happily extend your trial since these issues have prevented you from enjoying ARC. I see it’s set to expire in a day, so I will tag the @accounts team to lean in for assistance. They can assist you with renewing and will reach out on this thread as soon as possible. Thank you again for your patience as support works diligently through the queue of ARC-related issues to circle back here.

I see from recent diagnostics in ARC that disabling the VPN may have defaulted your WAN IP address to an IPv6 format; I might double-check that you have IPv6 disabled on this Windows Core, or are prioritizing IPv4 connections. I’d do the same in the modem/router if that setting is available.

Please post any updated diagnostic messages. The most recent update of Roon automatically obscures routable IPs, so your anonymity isn’t at risk.

I did find IPv6 on VPN and disabled it. It didn’t help. Below are 2 screen prints. One is with my VPN disabled and one with it enabled.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“169.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
}

{
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“67.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
}

Hi @John_Dickerson,

I’m reviewing our conversation and the comments from other users, as automated account diagnostics indicate that the timeout is persisting.

Forgive me for taking us back a step, but do you have a second router in this setup, by chance? If so, then you’ll need to set the same port forwarding rule in both routers for the Core to see the external IP here.

With NordVPN disabled, follow these steps to disable IPv6 on the Windows as a precaution:
IPv6: How To Disable

1. Use the shortcut, Windows Key + X to open the Control Panel.
  2. Open Network and Internet.
  3. Open Network and Sharing Center.
  4. Click Change Adapter Settings.
  5. Right-click your connection and go to Properties.
  6. Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to disable it.

Once that’s done, please update to the latest version of Roon/ARC (released today, notes here) and restart your network hardware. I’m hoping the port forwarding will succeed after these steps, and please accept my apologies that we’ve been unable to resolve this more promptly.

We’ll be standing by for your response.