Can't get ROON to Add BlueSound Vault

I have tried everything and can NOT get ROON to add music from BlueSound Vault. See attached pictures, no matter what I do it scans the songs on the Vault and then only adds a few and then just circles the death march. help.

Can you describe your setup in more detail as described here. Also, how are the Vault and your Roon Core connected to your home network?

BlueSound Vault connected downstairs via direct cord into router. Room installed on computer upstairs on WiFi. I did not have this issue when I had Roon on MacBook Pro and I did not want to leave that on all the time so I got an old MacMini to use just as Roon Core. I sent pictures of set up. I don’t know what else I can send. I did another rescan and again after loading 51 of of over 48,000 tracks I have the circle of death.

Roon Core needs to be connected to your network using an Ethernet cable. Try this and tell if things improve. It would be really helpful if you completed the information requested in the link provided in my original post.

I have sent information in pictures. I told you I had it set up before via wifi on a MacBook Pro with no problems. This is the iMac information picture

I do not understand why after spending over $100 you can’t simply call someone and they can tap into the computer to see the issue. The support is very poor. I have followed your instructions. I have sent pictures of how I have it set up, now I am sending a picture of the computer. I don’t have a LAN type cord but now will have to get one tomorrow. This has been beyond frustrating and I wish I had my money back.

I’m a community member trying to help you. I can’t do that if you won’t provide the information requested. The Roon Knowledge Base makes it clear that Core and music files should be connected to a wired network.

Hi @Steve_Ehr,

As we note in our Networking Guide, we definitely recommend using an Ethernet connection whenever possible. That said, I’d like to take a closer look at what might be happening here.

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

I did all of that, I even moved it downstairs and connected directly to the SAME router that the Bluesound Vault is in. It is again just moving around and around and around and I disconnected the HDMI cord from the TV and simply gave up and let is run on top of the Bluesound Vault. None of this makes ANY sense. When I use the Bluesound Vault application I can PLAY music from ROON. When I use the ROON application I can PLAY music from the Bluevault. BUT I can NOT add the BLUESOUND VAULT music to ROON to see all the details and add the entire library. Is it simply better to buy a NAS enabled hard drive to do this? But I don’t know how I would set it up on a computer? I simply after this morning and trying it again and again and again and I get the wheel of death over and over, I just said enough is enough, unplugged the HDMI cord and let it go. When I access on my iPad and iPhone application I still get the wheel of death.

I have not been this frustrated with a product in decades. The software is wonderful. I want to take the iMac and destroy it. Everything worked perfect on my 2019 MacBook Pro but I did not want to leave it on all the time. So I bought this old iMac and spent hours on this and have tried multiple things and ways and I get the death wheel. It makes no sense that the songs from BlueSound Vault won’t add to Roon. I can play songs from BlueSound on Roon application and they play but won’t load. Same with BlueSound application. It’s insane. If it’s the iMac and I sent pics of the unit and the setup then what would be a Roon Core unit that for $200 will have room for 1TB of iTunes music to old into hard drive and then communicate with BlueSound Vault like it should. Just beyond belief and it’s more frustrating when someone can’t talk to me and step me but by bit to make sure I have everything right. I have followed every instruction and sent everything I can think of.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.