Can't get Roon to recognise extension manager running in Docker container on same machine

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro 32gb RAM core i7 9750H

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Intel WiFi 6 AX200

Connected Audio Devices

Realtek inbuilt soundcard

Description of Issue

Title says it all - Roon Extension Manager is a total headache, why is there no simple Windows version?

1 Like

Hi @anonguy can you detail the steps you’ve taken to get to your current stuck position please?

Don’t get me started :wink: …

1 Like

Install WSL2/Docker, run command listed on AppEngineers Github … not recongised. Apply thousands of “workaround” scripts that allow machine to realize WSL2 is localhost … not recognised.

DietPi works though, but I need Windows as an Audio entrypoint.

Hi @anonguy ,

I’ve moved your post over to the #tinkering section since Roon Extension Manager is not built by us but a 3rd party app, this thread might help with some common settings though:

If you’re just trying to get Windows devices to show as an endpoint, then RoonBridge should work as well, you can download this from here:

Also, you should be aware that Realtek ASIO drivers have caused issues in the past with audio devices appearing in Roon, I’m not necessarily saying that’s the case here, but just something to be aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.