Can't Login to Roon App [many users impacted]

Hello,

I logged out of the Roon App this afternoon and have been trying everything I can to log back in to no avail. Roon is either telling me I have the wrong credentials (and they’re 100% correct) and if by chance I get past that point (which happens from time to time) Roon says “Subscription Expired” and I’m a lifetime member.

I’m using my MacBook Pro as my core device running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 which was no issue whatsoever 'til I logged out this afternoon. I cleared my cache, history, logged out shut down and reset my PRAM, logged back in and launched the Roon App, and same issues keep occurring.

Went as far as to do a backup, rename my Roon folder (as old) and downloaded the Roon App to create a new folder to no avail…still the same issues. Logging in/out is a simple task on any website/app…it’s a damn shame that I have to spend 5+hrs trying to resolve this, and have to sweat logging in/out of Roon in the future due to these ridiculous issues.
I apologize for the rant, but tis just isn’t right, at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Joseph

Fellow user here, but let’s get @accounts involved, just in case…
In the meantime, have you tried to log into and check your account via browser?

Login via website not possible for me too. To play music with roon works.

@support Mayday Mayday
Impossible to log to Roon Services : website, Valence, Radio Directory, translation database…
Looks like the authentication server is down
Error

Authorziation error: Trouble authenticating with Roon account server: {"status":502,"response":{"req":{"method":"GET","url":"https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/accounts/3/login?email=HIDDENBYALECgmail.com&password=HIDDENBYALEC&proxyip=HIDDENBYALEC","headers":{"user-agent":"node-superagent/3.8.3"}},"header":{"server":"nginx/1.21.6","date":"Sun, 20 Feb 2022 09:51:42 GMT","content-type":"text/html","content-length":"157","connection":"close"},"status":502,"text":"<html>\r\n<head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>\r\n<body>\r\n<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>nginx/1.21.6</center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n"}}

No metadata improver for me, so something fishy here…

Same thing here…

Same for me. I get “Network error: please check your internet connection” on all devices. Authentication server issue?

1 Like

Something’s wrong here, too.

I appear logged in (core on Windows 11), but am getting the metadata improver error and cannot play anything.

Definitely a problem somewhere in the Cloud services…

1 Like

Same here. I can play Qobuz/Tidal albums already in my library but I don’t see any new music. I am also getting the metadata improver paused message.

Aidan

1 Like

Same issue but different message: “An unexpected error occurred logging in: UnexpectedError.”

Error

Authorziation error: Trouble authenticating with Roon account server: {“status”:502,“response”:{“req”:{“method”:“GET”,“url”:“https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/accounts/3/login?email=xxxxxpassword=xxxx&proxyip=xx.xx.xxx.xxx",“headers”:{“user-agent”:“node-superagent/3.8.3”}},“header”:{“server”:“nginx/1.21.6”,“date”:"Sun, 20 Feb 2022 10:54:42 GMT”,“content-type”:“text/html”,“content-length”:“157”,“connection”:“close”},“status”:502,“text”:"\r\n502 Bad Gateway\r\n\r\n

502 Bad Gateway

\r\n
nginx/1.21.6\r\n\r\n\r\n"}}

I have “metadata improver paused” and had a crash.

Same here. No metadata but it was still playing songs from my library. I logged out of my account because I read somewhere here that this helped someone with the same “metadata improver paused” error.

Now I cant even log into Roon anymore: “Network error: please check your internet connection”.

Great!

Me too, no Tidal and Internet Radio…Bad

1 Like

Same here still login but unable to match music.

Thanks for that as I just came to report that issue.

My broadband was down with the storms this morning so been restarting everything to no avail

Same problem here, no way to login

I have the same problem too.

Can’t also not login to my Account.

Same here.