Roon Rock

Network Details

WRITE HERE

Audio Devices

WRITE HERE

Library Size

WRITE HERE

Description of Issue

I connected an Apple USB SuperDrive to my Roon Rock device (PrimeMini 4) and was able to rip a couple of CD’s without any issue. Then one CD got stuck in the SuperDrive and I was not able to eject it when using the CD Ripper Eject button in Rock. I then connected the SuperDrive to my iMac and was able to eject the CD finally. Since then I cannot insert a CD into the SuperDrive any more, when I connect the device to my PrimeMini. (I do not encounter this issue when I connect the drive to my iMac, so I think this is a Rock software issue.

Hello @Patrick_Kempenaer,

I’m so sorry we’ve missed your post for this long :pleading_face:

I was wondering, did you get a chance to reboot your ROCK and try again? To reboot, please, completely turn off your ROCK, unplug it for a couple of minutes, plug it back in and start Roon.

Does that help?

Hello, I did as you recommended and since then I am able again to rip CD’s.
Thanks for the advice.
The question remains, however, why I was not able to use the CD eject button in Roon Rock, when the CD got stuck in my Apple CD drive.
Is this a bug or is there another way to unblock, rather than having to reboot and unplug?

It’s a bug. see:

You could try just disconnecting and then reconnecting the drive, without the reboot - this apparently works for some people.

This issue still happens to me. I’m lucky if I can rip 3 CD’s before I have to connect superdrive to mac and reboot the Nucleus +…

Interestingly the nucleus will not accept a cd until it has been hard rebooted.

I still have this issue as well. When it happens, I power off ROCK OS, I physically disconnect/reconnect my NUC (not a Nucleus, though), and then ripping starts.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.