Change Device Icon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on NUC5i3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired, Wireless for Remotes

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SonoreUPnP Bridge to Naim NDS Network Player via Ethernet input (UPnP)
Sonore UltraRendu to USB->S/PDIF convertor into Digital input of NDS player
Chromecast Audio, and 2 Chrome Assistant devices

Description Of Issue

I cannot change the Device icon for the SonoreUPnP Bridge.

This presents a Squeezelite device as it is a supported implementation LMStoUPnP product, but is running on a Sonore UltraRendu device. I would like to be able to change the Device icon to the Sonore UltraRendu one, which you already have in the icon library.

So for the SonoreUPnP device, this is the device setup

For the UltraRendu I then get this, with the ability to separate the device into the Bridge device - can I have this capability for the SonoreUPnP device setup, please.

Hello @simon_pepper,

At this time, you cannot re-identify Squeezelite zones. However, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Yes, I was hoping that the Feature Request present in the backlog had made it into today’s release, with the additional Zone icons.

Oh well, will hope again that it is considered as a candidate for the next release, as it quite a small change as all the functionality already exists, it is just a capability for the Squeezelite endpoints.

As mentioned last March by BlackJack:

Given that Roon will probably not spend time on unsupported implementations, you might want to try using one of the Location icons for the zone. You can edit the Zone Icon in the Zone Settings.

The requested change does not involve any changes to how Squeezebox is implemented in Roon, it is purely just how Roon displays the device in the Zone settings.
I can use of the location based icons, but would prefer the ability to adjust the device icon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.