Changes to playlists created by Tidal not syncing to Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Roon Version 1.7 build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus RT-AC3200

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iPhone 7 & 5s - Roon Version 1.7.0037 - WiFi
Laptop - Roon Version 1.7 build 555 - WiFi
Cambridge Audio 851N - Firmware: 1.10+0.5+8e - WiFi

Description Of Issue
In Tidal I’ve added several playlists to my Tidal collection by favouriting them. These Tidal playlists then sync to Roon as playlists. For example, the Top 100 UK playlist which Tidal maintains.

As Tidal makes changes to their playlists, should they also sync to Roon?
Because I’m not seeing this happen. They’re static.

Hello @Josh_B, thanks for the details. If you create a TIDAL playlist, does it sync over? How about if you edit one of the TIDAL playlists? I’d like to determine whether the issue concerns any TIDAL playlist or just the ones created and maintained by TIDAL. Please let me know!

Hi Nuwriy, I don’t manage any custom playlists using Tidal itself so for this test I created one. Yes, it synced over to Roon. Then I modified it and the change also synced over. Next I changed the order of the tracks and it also synced over.

Hello @Josh_B, I’d like to enable diagnostics for your core and get the results over to my team for further analysis. Could you try to get another TIDAL created playlist into Roon and let me know the name of the playlist? When you do, I’ll enable the diagnostics. Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy, I’ve favourited a Tidal created playlist called New Arrivals. It has synced to Roon successfully.

I’ve just noticed that my previously synced Tidal created playlists have suddenly updated. It looks like somehow the action of syncing a new Tidal created playlist may have done something. But will it continue to sync or stay static.

Hello @Josh_B,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @nuwriy

Was the diagnostics received?

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL albums not syncing to Roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.