Changing Primary Version of an Album in my Library

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The button to “Make Primary Version” is missing under the “Versions” tab in my Roon app. Where did this button go? It was there a few days ago and I need to update some albums I’m now adding to my Roon library. Also, when I select “Make Primary” from the menu to the right, it does not respond.

Please let me know what is going on. I need this fixed pronto so that I can continue to properly manage my library.

Thank you,
Lon

Hey @Lon_Baugh,

With the launch of Roon 1.8 Build 831 there were a few changes and improvements to the Versions display and “Make Primary” version functionality.

If the albums are already grouped in your Library, clicking the ellipsis button to the right of the album will allow you to quickly set the selection as the Primary version.

If the albums haven’t been grouped, group them first, then select your primary version.

Also, toggling primary across versions happens quickly and isn’t always easy to detect. I hope this helps clear up your difficulties. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Jamie,

What do you mean by grouping?

Also, is there a way to create a default setting for “Version”? I use a RAID system on my music server and I’d always prefer to uniformly designate which of the copies is the primary version. Sometimes Roon selects one and other times the other. I have to check this and often change it each time I add an album to my library and it would be good functionality to be able to create a default setting – I’ve not found that to date if it exists.

Thanks and regards,
Lon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.