Chord Electronics 2GO Roon endpoint "and Server"

Already discussed in the past:

So why you want to drop this model and have an all-in-one DAP instead?

would be nice if they make streamer for qutest dac
with dual bnc output

1 Like

Because sometimes I leave the house. And I actually donā€™t want an all-in-one DAP, because I want to use a well-written iPhone app as a controller.

I discovered Roon as I was casting around for a decent MPD controller app for my home setup. I wasnā€™t happy with any of them and happened upon Roon. It was just a UI that was leaps and bounds ahead of any of the MPD apps. Iā€™d love to use that same UI on the road.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t we all? Sadly itā€™s not possible at the moment.

As a TT2 owner I am extremely disappointed, cables coming out of 3 of the 4 sides, power provided by micro USB and the form factor isnā€™t a match for the TT range.

When the Chord POLY came out some time ago, I had dreams of using it with my Mojo where I could use the MojoPoly as a standalone DAP and wireless with my home network. Boy oh boy, after a few months of constant playing around trying to get it to work, downloading multiple apps, etcā€¦I gave up and never looked back in the Chord rear view mirror.

Life is too short to be playing around with a $1,000+ item that didnā€™t quite work for me.

Perhaps the Hugo 2 - Poly is better but I have no desire to go backwards.

Just my two centsā€¦

I donā€™t know about you, but the 2.4GHz band where I live is a Mad Max like wasteland and unusable. The lower range of 5GHz is precisely why there is less interference.

1 Like

Yes. I have an Onkyo DP-X1 with two 500GB microSDXC cards and Iā€™d love some sort of Roon app to sync with my Nucleus and give me the same UX on the road (well, the Tube, really).

Alternatively some sort of mobile battery-powered Nucleus in the same form factor as the DP-X1.

1 Like

But it doesnā€™t resolve the technical and physical limitations of the 5GHz WiFi. There is maybe no working WiFi solution for mobile use then where you live. Iā€™ve already wrote about how one can make use of the 5GHz WiFi for stationary use in the other thread.

My Roon audio path is all wired, apart from the iPad I use for control.

I have had confirmation from Chord that it is a Roon endpoint; however not not a Roon server, which could be Inferred.

Still an interesting proposition as I am a DAVE/Mscaler user and have not heard an improvement over direct to MScaler from a QNAP TS-473 NAS running Roon server connected with USB, when home demoed a Pro-ject UItra Streambox 2 or Auralic Aries G1.

1 Like

An expensive boat anchor, imo

My experience with USB connection to DAVE / M-Scaler is similar to yours. My Roon server is a 5th generation i5 NUC in a fanless Tranquil PC enclusure (no WiFi or Bluetooth) running ROCK with internal SSD storage.

Like yourself, I also tried a Project Stream Box S2 Ultra to facilitate a network connection from NUC to M-Scaler and found no improvement over direct USB connection. However, more generally, I think the Project makes an excellent Roon network end point and I kept mine for use in a different zone.

1 Like

Got my 2Go today. Works fine with Roon but not certified yet. Come on Roon! :smiley:

Are you seeing a max Sample Rate of 384 and a max of DSD256?

The 2o and Hugo 2 support 768 and DSD512 but Roon wonā€™t let me set that.

Acdemic for me considering the library I have, just worndering what else is not correct.

Same here.

Iā€™m having real problems setting the 2go up with Roon in that I canā€™t access any of the advanced settings.I think its because I was using Airplay in the 2go when I was setting the audio device up in Roon. This is what I have got for the Icon and advanced settings below. As you can see no DSD etcā€¦

Iā€™ve tried uninstalling and the installing Roon but that didnā€™t work. Iā€™ve looked at trying to delete an AudioDevice on Roon, but canā€™t find out how to do that. Feeling a bit thick so would appreciate some help.

0D49B517-5386-46A5-84F8-2C1D7B8F9A46_4_5005_c

I

Use Gofigure to configure the 2Go (enable Roon support).

grafik

Thanks, but when I go to the music page I canā€™t see Roon. This is what I get. I have the Roon Core turned on and the 2Go is on the same WiFi network.

I know it must be something simple, but itā€™s not idiot proof clearly!