Chord Poly Support

This problem which I would suggest impacts a key functionality feature of Poly has been dragging on for a while. Roon compatibly was a key reason I purchased Poly.

Dang, Iā€™m glad I found this thread. I was about to pull the trigger on a Mojo/Poly combo. Think Iā€™ll put that on the back burner for now.

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel NUC7i3 installed with Roon Rock

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Huawei Router connected to Roon Core

Audio Devices (Specify what device youā€™re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord Poly on Wifi

Description Of Issue

I have issue with Roon playback on Chord Poly, Roon can see Poly as an endpoint but I cannot click play. The song wonā€™t start playing. I tried restart Roon core and the Poly but didnā€™t work. The Play button just can not be clicked. This set up used to work fine for weeks. All other endpoints work well with no issue.
Please help

Hi @Veerasak_Benjadol,

I have merged your report into this thread. Please look above for the progress regarding this issue.

ā€“ Noris

Have we determined yet if it is a Roon problem, or a Chord problem?

HI I have the same problem, worked until now for me, the firmware on the poly is 2.03. The problem did occur when I had the hotspot mode on and clicked in the roon button. When I did this (misstake) on the earlier firmware, the system froze and I had to wait until the battery was exhausted. It might not have anything to do with the issue, but I have not been able to use Roon since this.

Hello @huang,

It appears that this issue will need to be resolved in the Chord Poly firmware. We continue to provide technical assistance to the Chord team as they investigate a fix. This is subject to change, we will be sure to keep everyone in the loop when there is news to share.

-John

Thanks John, it is driving me crazy. I have become accustom to using Roon on my Poly at bed timeā€¦ this is impacting my sleep! :slight_smile:

I installed the latest firmware and Gofigure app and it worked for me.

Updated Poly to V2.0.3 last week. Poly stopped working with Roon. Iā€™ve tried everything but it still wonā€™t work. The device appears as a zone in Roon, but once I select a song, it wonā€™t play. Itā€™s the same for Tidal or library files.

Hoping for a fix from Chord soon. Iā€™ve come to rely on my Poly quite a bit, but this downtime is an opportunity to revisit my LP collection.

I have the same issue.

Please helpā€¦

I can see Roon as endpoint, Roon app on Android even acknowledges that it is playing 12 tracks, but the queue would stay empty

I am also experiencing the same issue as indicated above. Everything was fine with the Roon/Poly integration after the Poly 2.0 firmware update, but now with version 2.0.3 I cannot play anything.

If I switch to the ā€œeverything elseā€ setting for the Poly it works fine over my network with source content outside of Roon.

Please keep us updated ASAP on a resolution.

No one else seems to be updating this thread, so I will. I have been told by Chord customer support that the problem is due to Poly and specific Roon Core/NUC setups, and that a solution is imminent. Thatā€™s what I know, it would be nice if Roon and or Chord would provide that imminent solution, or at least keep us abreast of the issues.

1 Like

Apologies for taking so long over this but this issue has been very hard to trace.
We now have a fix and are testing the updated firmware to make final checks.

Customers wishing to beta test this firmware for us can email betatest@chordelectronics.co.uk
with their Poly WiFi number ( This is the SSID of Poly when it is running in hotspot mode ) which is displayed as Poly-xxxxxxxxx.
Please do not post your Poly details on here for security reasons

Matt

Every time I checked GoFigure said my Poly was up to date? I did send the SSID.

Hi Ricardo it has been set to update. Please just leave your Poly on and connected to the internet so it can download the new firmware. When it is ready it will show in Gofigure so you can start the install.

Thanks Matt I will try again this evening. Standard update procedureā€¦ remove SD card, update watch pretty lights?

Yes SD card out, charger plugged in then hit the update firmware button in Gofigure.
Wait for the pretty lights to stop and switch off then reboot.

Done update went without a hitch. I will have to be at home to try Roon, but I will report back on functionality. Thanks for the update again. :grinning: