Chromecast Mi Box / Nexus Player Device Not Playable in Roon

I just updated to 1.5 Build 333 (64-bit). Both devices show up under Networked->Chromecast on the Settings->Audio tab in Roon. When I click ‘enable’, nothing changes in the Roon UI and I get a Roon logo on both of my Chromecast devices with a spinning wheel:

Neither device shows up under ‘Zones’ in Roon. There are no issues with connectivity on either device. Playback to non-Chromecast devices is working normally.

Roon Core - Mac Mini (Late 2012), OS X 10.13.4
Mi Box - Android 6.01 (currently updating to 8.0)
Nexus Player - Android 8.0 (no updates available)

edit - Updated the Mi Box to Android 8.0 and I’m getting the same result.

Hello @mrvco,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please try to restart both the Roon Core and the Mi Box and see if the issue still persists after a reboot for both devices? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

4 posts were split to a new topic: Chromecast Not Playing?

@noris Restarted both devices as well as Roon Server, no change on either the Mi Box or Nexus Player.

Hello @mrvco ,

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode on your account and what that will do is next time your core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers. After receiving those said logs I will submit them to QA for further analysis to see what could be going wrong here. I appreciate your patience while this analysis occurs and will let you know as soon as QA has completed their report and has passed it over to me.

Thanks,
Noris

@noris thanks!
playing a song through my HQP/µR zone and will try both the Mi Box and Nexus Player again.

@mrvco

@noris No change in behavior, let me know if you were able to pick up what you needed from the logs.

Thanks, @mrvco

A post was split to a new topic: Issues casting to NVIDIA Shield?

Hello @mrvco,

I have just received a reply from the QA team regarding the logs. They have said that you seem to be missing the Chromecast webroot plugin from your installation somehow. They have asked me to advise you to create a backup of your library and reinstall the Roon Core application. Please let me know after you have done so and if you are facing the same issue afterwards.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @mrvco,

We have just released build 334 that we believe fixes the issue you are experiencing, please update your Roon Core to b334 and let us know how it goes. I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Noris

More information regarding this release can be found here:

@noris Will do, Thanks!

@noris The update got it working, thanks for the help!

1 Like