Clean up genre list

Hello,

One time, I did some experiments with genres.
Now, the list you see when you create a genre mapping is corrupted. I just want to go back to default settings. Is this possible please ?

Thanks,

George

Hi @Georgethesixth ----- Thank you for your input and sorry for the inconvenience. In order to help troubleshoot this issue, I need to gather some information from you. First, can you please, in detail, describe your setup. Secondly, can you also provide screenshots of what you are seeing. Thank you!

-Eric

Eric,

I have a Roon server (last version) running on a dedicated music server on Windows 2012R2. Music is saved on a NAS. Client is on iOS.

In the column to the right, you’ll see ‘Genres in Roon’ like ‘rolling stone - 500 greatest albums …’. That is not a Roon genre and I would like to get rid of it.

How can I do that pl ?

Thx,

Joris

Hi Joris,

Do you have under Settings > General, Show Genres From File Tags set to yes. If not, then you don’t really need to worry about cleaning it up.

Otherwise, the genre in your example was pulled from the tags of your music files. So, I assume somewhere in your music files, you have a file or files tagged with Rolling Stone 500… in the genre field. You can try and find it and change it to a proper genre. That will make it disappear from this list.

You can also just map Rolling Stone on the left with any Genre you like.

The list on the left is all the genres pulled from you file tags. Roon automatically tries to match them with a Roon Genre. If it can’t, it creates a new Genre with that name, such as Rolling Stone.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg