Clicks and Pops with Holo Audio Spring [Powercycle DAC]

The strange thing is that after I found settings that fixed my pops and clicks, they didn’t come back some time later when I changed those settings. Maybe something “wore in” on the Spring. I’ve got no idea.

OK, sounds like you had erratic behavior like I’m currently experiencing myself. I’ll enable the DSP Engine/Headroom Management and see what happens. Hopefully the pops/clicks will no longer be an issue.

Thanks again,
Joseph

Hi @Joseph ---- Just wanted to to touch base see how the additional testing has been going (i.e with the DSP Engine/Headroom Management). Any new observations here?

Furthermore, I had a chance to meet with our techs again yesterday to discuss this behavior and I agree with the team that the the one consistent factor has been the computer currently hosting your Roon core. I know we have inquired about temporarily testing with Roon being hosted on another device in an earlier post and I would encourage you to re-consider this option as this would be a good data point for us to have. Would it be possible to borrow a laptop from a friend perhaps to conduct the proposed test? Let me know.

-Eric

@Eric,

No luck as of last night with changing the settings in the DSP Headroom Management, but I’m going to continue changing/trying different combinations in a few different setting with hopes of resolving my issue.

I’m definitely not discounting you or the tech team, because I feel it is related to either my router/ethernet cable or my MBP. I also had changed my ethernet cable when I downloaded Roon (which was a CAT 6) to a (CAT 7) due to the lock failing on the CAT 6 which secures it to the MBP.

I have much more troubleshooting to do along with changing the Roon setting being I made OS changes at the same time as well, otherwise I wasn’t able to download Roon running my old OS.

Unfortunately, I don’t, and I also don’t really know anyone I could borrow another laptop from. Funny thing is, though, my MBP’s headphone out with Roon core in exclusive mode via wifi using worked seamlessly after just a few pops/clicks.

Thank you very much,
Joseph

PS: I also switched from the mR to the uR as well, and both were using v2.5, but I didn’t have the issue with the mR. Too many changes at one time.

Hi @Eric, just as another data point if it’s helpful:
I’m getting clicks and pops when changing sample rates as well. I’m running MacMini > USB out to SU-1 > Spring KTE3
Even with DSP engine disabled I still have the problem

I just borrowed a friend’s laptop and used that to run Roon core and I’m still having the same issues

@Eric,

Somehow I missed the above post from @Trevor_Nathan. @Trevor_Nathan, thank you for confirming this, as well as using another laptop which I was unable to do.

Since Roon v1.3 (build 276) which I believe was within the past week or so, I have NOT had any issues whatsoever, and I’ve listened on at least 5 different occasions since.

I’ve even disabled all of my “Device Set-Up” settings, as well as disabling all “DSP Engine” settings.

Hopefully this has worked for you as well if you installed (build 276) @Trevor_Nathan?

Thanks to all who have contributed to addressing my issue. The new build seems to have done so, for me at least.

Thank you very much for everything,
Joseph

PS: I have no clue whether or not the (build 276) actually was to address this issue, but I’m not having it since. Coincidence? I don’t know?

I don’t know about build 276, but at least since I upgraded to 1.4 this problem seems to have been solved for me. I’ve been reluctant to post as I was convinced that as soon as I did it would start happening again, but so far so good…

Well after the last update I’m back to getting pops/clicks, but this time it happens a few seconds before and after playback. Really hope this issue is resolved. It seems every time there’s an upgrade something different occurs???

Yes, I get that too. It would be great if that could be fixed but at least music at DSD512 is listenable now.

OK, so I was already told to do this a while ago by one of the reps here (I forget who?) I mentioned in my last post regarding the latest upgrade causing pop/clicks (again) I powered down my SU1/Spring DAC for over 1hr then powered them back on. Later that night I had no issues at all (and I still don’t) with the pops/clicks? I’ve done this before with both positive and negative results, this time thankfully they’re positive!

1 Like