Clipping / small pops when changing tracks on Roon App

Hi yashar,

Yes, I would say that it is a much better solution. If you are enjoying though that is all that matters. What is the DAC you are using?

1 Like

This is DAC I’m using . The sound is amazingly good.

Excellent. I have not used a Topping DAC but have always heard good things. Be careful though. Upgrading DACs can become an obsession. :smiley:

1 Like

If you are using any DSP/Audyssey on the Marantz then using a DAC in front of it is pointless as the Marantz will just convert the analog input back to digital before applying DSP and then convert back to analog using it’s own DAC. What I posted above is still your best bet.

1 Like

Thank you , I’m very satisfied with the clarity of sound so far and the click and pop is gone . I still think the external DAC has a better dac than the Marantz .

Any recommendation on digital Coax cable brand and model ?

1 Like

Which is irrelevant if the Marantz’s DAC is being used.

I have reported a very similar issue, whereby I have audible pops between tracks at random, even with the same sampling rate. This happens with Qobuz and local content.

I have troubleshooted running Roon on many OS (Win10, Win11, Rock, Ubuntu) and endpoint configurations including Win11, Win10, Ubuntu, Pi based solutions - Ropieee etc.
However the observation is essentially the same on all platforms/OS, etc.

Extracted from my thread, posted by another member; I’m paraphrasing;
Roon instantly executes commands (transitions) using a hard/stark jump from one sampling to another. Its random (audible pops) because transitions will sometimes occur close to or exactly at a zero crossing point in the signal.

Interesting my same setup is silent on transitions using LMS/CamilaDSP, indicating the observation is not hardware/OS/class compliant related.

Roon support have notified me a ticket has been raised for audible popping on volume ramping, but at this time have chosen not to comment on my RAAT transition observations. Which is frustrating.

Roon really need to address this, and get involved in the conversation. Thanks for your testing Marin.

Would love to hear Roon’s thoughts on this?! Rather than silence.

So many people have same issues, it’s definitely roon related and roon needs to fix it by updating its software, not asking every individual to do individual setting.

They normally don’t monitor threads in Roon Software Discussion, in particular not if they are 2 years old. If you require support, open a new thread in Support and please fill the template with all the information that is requested. This pop issue is definitely very dependent on the particular hardware.

1 Like