Commercial Affiliations

How about an explanation as to why mention of @MarinRene promotion/sales and Tidal/MQA/2L relationship are being deleted?

3 Likes

@mike, care to chime in here ? This seemed rather clear, and having someone who purports a commercial relationship, or who purports to profit from a relationship to important Roon partners on one hand, while presenting themselves as “just another member” on the other seems to rather differ from that.

2 Likes

That is a scandal. All the shameless advertising posts without any hint of a profit orientated agenda of the poster are still available and this post was deleted. WTF!!!
Fits with our times where the whistle blower is the bad guy not the one doing the wrong.

Seems like I am at the wrong place. If this will not have a good explanation, this is not longer a forum I want to be in.

2 Likes

Let’s give Roon a chance to respond. Perhaps they are concerned about what might be a grey area around logo use by this guy. Perhaps there is some other reasonable explanation.

Remember, it was not suppose to be like this. MQA was supposed to be a real product, with real benefits for consumers and industry alike. Instead, everyone has been caught with their pants down around their ankles. It’s an embarrassment at best, and worse…

Hi everyone,

This was brought to our attention and the moderation team has added the proper title to @MarinRene’s profile per our Community Guidelines. We appreciate everyone who brought this to our attention.

Posts about commercial affiliation of other posters risk being off-topic and perceived as personal attacks, especially if they invite speculation. Where users believe that a poster has a relevant commercial or industry affiliation that should be transparently disclosed then a flag or PM to the Mods about it is the best course. Quite often new users with commercial or industry affiliations are unaware that we like to provide them with titles. Posting before they know about that practice is hardly a scandal.

3 Likes

Except when misrepresenting yourself on purpose and for an unknown reason. Look at his first 15 or so posts in this thread:

He started out acting like he didn’t know anything and wanted to gain knowledge. Then went into full expert mode to promote MQA. Talking about disingenuous!

4 Likes

Any mention of MQA and things rapidly turn into a scandal :rofl:
Reason enough to stay away from this form of baiting.

It is tough to fight disinformation. There are hardly any websites where moderation isn’t through a commercial lens or interest. Roon is far from the worst I have seen and ultimately we have to respect Roon provides this service so in the end it actually is their call. If Roon became overtly commercial then they may drive away activity. I think they are trying to be fair and before we dream up a conspiracy theory - simple mistakes or errors can explain many things, as there isn’t always a bad intent.

1 Like

I am truly surprised about all this comments, anger and aggressiveness that my questions about ROON and my personal impressions about TIDAL and MQA have raised.

And I do mean it sincerely.

1. When I did ask about the purest Signal Path possible it was an absolutely candid and open question since I was trying to get knowledge over ROON’s best way to use my Equipment and the options I can recommend all the members of our group. I have explained this in detail to the moderators like @andybob.

2. It is incredible how much hate and anger MQA provokes on some people among this community, but that is not my business at all, if I do like it I will tell it so.
    The same way as I do with ROON and with all good products and solutions I discover and research on.
    If you don’t like it, you may also say it so according the rules of this community but don’t expect me to stop talking about what I like or dislike.

3. I would like to ask @andybob if the use of the word “Scandal” on such a harmless matter like this would be considered appropriate.

4. I’ll beg your pardon if from now on I do not respond to any aggressive or critical commentary from anybody.
    I prefer to use that time learning from the very knowledgeable people here (that fortunately also exist in great majority) how to use ROON the best way possible with all my Musical Sources including of course, the great thing that TIDAL MQA is.

1 Like

If you don’t understand why someone presenting themselves as a Tidal representative on one hand, then repeatedly pretending it’s just “personal impressions” on the other, all while shit-talking Tidal’s competition on the forum of a Tidal partner that also works with said competition is a problem, well…

This said, given his reaction, this is clearly so way above his paygrade that what he has to say for himself is irrelevant. The people that really should be explaining this guys’ behavior at this point are Tidal, and possibly RoonLabs.

@dylan, if they do indeed exist, maybe Tidal needs to be added to that guys’ affiliations. Even if the best tidal’s partners can do is 35 youtube views, and that it’s pretty clear only imbeciles would pay to listen to someone like that talk, it’s still Tidal affiliation.

While we’re at it, would the mod who chose to censor @crenca’s original posts kindly chime in as to why they chose censorship rather than moving things around (I can see totally benign explanations, but I’d rather hear them) ?

3 Likes

MQA’s half the problem. If I was @Qobuz, I’d be [Moderated] furious.

On top of that, if Tidal’s haemorrhaging users, especially on the higher-end like the Roon bunch are, at a rate that makes them so desperate they’re now forced to resort to questionably literate (yes, i know about the language, i’m referring to the math) astroturfers, that’s a problem that’s beyond RoonForums. Not that Tidal have any problems with lying, mind you.

3 Likes

I have explained above.

3 Likes

Three things:

1. I appreciate your position - you are right to adhere to some sort of ‘procedural justice’, toleration, assuming ignorance before violation, etc.

2. That said, MarinRene is NOT “innocent” in this regard. On the contrary, he is a very self conscious astroturfer on this forum and any other he would participate in. I don’t speak Spanish, but someone translated this sentence for me from one of his videos:

“There’ll be a lot of fuss, a lot of lies, people talking who don’t know a damn thing, so if you are not sure about something don’t make a comment but make a question. Let’s help ourselves to keep on being the most reliable existing source about the MQA technology”

3. Given that this incident and the original conversation on the MQA disappointing thread was not about commercial affiliations per se, but about astroturfing, and given that MarinRene is an astroturfer, I request that the title of this new thread reflect this reality. It should be renamed “MQA & astroturfing”

3 Likes

I think I was accused of commercial affiliation once only not so politely, but it was a great laugh to think anyone would even consider it.
I do have a Meridian Mouse mat and pencil that perhaps I should declare :joy:

2 Likes

And herein lies the difference between buying and being sold :wink:

1 Like

I enjoyed Meridian kit long before the mousemat… :joy:

1 Like

Hey, never would’ve suggested you’d be that cheap a date :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Mods have unlisted and closed this thread because the whole discussion is one we would have preferred take place privately. We do want to know about transparency issues and flag or PM us when they arise. Raising such issues publicly leads to people jumping to conclusions and can quickly become a personal attack.

The guidelines don’t say that personal attacks are allowed if users think they are justified or feel particularly upset about something. They’re just not allowed.

We will continue working with MarinRene to enable appropriate transparency, but unless we start asking new users to fill out applications setting out their existing experience then there will always be a gap between participation and generating a title. In the meantime a new user using their industry logo as an avatar seems like a reasonable thing to do.

3 Likes