Community login issue

I have the same problem on Edge and Internet Explorer.

Are you using default security settings on each, @xxx? We’ve tried with fresh installs of each browser and things appear to be working okay, but we do know that Firefox has advanced settings that can cause the issue. Do you have any antivirus running on this machine that might be blocking things?

Norton Anti-virus, for several years.

Everything good as of last night, this morning NFG.

I’ll try re-nstalling what I can.
Don’t know why Edge and Explorer are also effected.

I can’t help but think that this is caused by Roon not following the rules.

If that’s true, then ironic considering the current dustup over certification.

Edge working here for me on multiple Win10 devices and Android. However, IE11 not working (and there’s also the message from the community site warning you not to use IE11…)

Hmm, don’t really care about IE11 and I despise Edge. Just use that to say there is a problem that effects me outside of FireFox.

My comment still stands, but I don’t suppose that will necessarily be addressed. Doesn’t really matter.

I’ve been out mowing the yard since adding this post this morning. Now I see it is affecting more than just me.

I have not set anything in Firefox since adding it to this laptop a couple of months ago. So it is using whatever the defaults are. It was working when I shutdown last night. This morning I could not log in. I’m using the Edge browser now on Windows 10. Firefox is working for all my other logins for banking etc. Nothing has changed unless windows did an update.

Edit, last W10 update was 8/14/2020.

Aha, I can’t run anything under WIN10 and checking my updates, it seems WIN10 updated last night.

I’m betting once you update WIN10, you won’t be able to use Edge either.

@Geoff_Coupe, what is the date of your latest WIN10 update, please?

KB4576478 (.NET update) and KB4571756 (OS Build 19041.508) came through yesterday and today for my devices… Edge is fine on the updated devices.

Hmm.

I have Build 10.0.18363

Last update was KB4576484 (.NET) and KB4574727 (cummulative).

Don’t you use WIN10 Pro. I use Home, so maybe that’s the discrepancy in numbering and in updates.

Dunno.

Thanks

I have both Home and Pro here (on different devices, naturally) same build nos. Also have devices running Win10 20H2 preview builds - will test the community on them as well… Watch this space.

And… 20H2 builds (19042.508) with Edge are also fine.

1 Like

This is for the version of Windows 10 that was released in 2019. I’ve moved on to the May 2020 version…

Don’t understand what you mean.

Did you do a complete new install?

Not understanding what the May 2020 version means in this context?

You should have been notified that it was available if you went to Settings> Update & Security. See here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Looks like mine is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.1016]. I have the notification for Windows 10, Version 2004 in the update window but have not selected Download and Install.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread, as the saying goes… :upside_down_face:

Never look at that screen. I assumed all was up to date if updates ran. Tricky basterds, but I guess that is the easiest way to install completely new features.

Anyway, now at build 19041. That’s it, right?

Still NFG in Edge. Didn’t try IE11. Firefox doesn’t work either, but I think that’s another problem.

[Sigh]

Guess I’ll keep using Remote Desktop into my Mini for Roon forum. I’ve been trying to break the habit anyway…

Thanks for the try.

My laptop just finished updating with KB4576484 (.NET) and KB4574727 (cumulative) in the last 30 minutes. Guess mine was a little behind yours. You said you could not get to the community website with Edge or Firefox?

I tried Firefox after the update, still not working. Edge is still working but the session stayed logged in during the restart. I’m concerned if I logout I wont be able to get back in. Guess I won’t power down tonight.

1 Like

Go ahead. I double dog dare ya.

1 Like

Now there is dare that brings back memories. Been a few decades since I’ve seen it.

1 Like

I am not getting the issue. Firefox 80.0.1 64 bit works for me with no issues on both Win 10 Pro v2004, and Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 1903.

Add Firefox 68.12.0esr on Win 10 Pro v1903 to the “no problemo” category.