Community login issue

Just tried again this morning.

Under the latest and greatest WIN10, neither FireFox nor Edge work for me.

iOS and macOS still good. I think I’ll try Safari under WIN10.

Another freakin’ mystery.

My bet is that Norton is laughing behind the arras again…

There’s no easy way to completely turn off Norton.

I turned off the Smart Firewall and Auto Protect. Still NFG.

I know posters say this all the time about other problems with Roon, but Roon is the only web site that is affected by whatever happened 2 days ago.

The team has identified the specific problem with Firefox and is working on a solution now — It should be resolved soon.

@xxx your issue definitely seems a bit different. Once the Firefox issue has been resolved we can see if it also resolves your problem, but if not we’ll investigate your issue separately.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Tried to use Safari on WIN10, but they don’t make that version anymore.

Just downloaded Chrome and I’m using that to write this post, so that’s Ok.

I despise Edge, so if FireFox is fixed I’m GTG…

Yet Edge is using the Chrome engine, so why does one work and one doesn’t?

Edit: or have you been using the old Edge all this time?

Ok, just tried Edge again (after using Chrome) and it now works. I guess the Chrome install re-set/updated something somewhere, maybe a common Chrome engine? :confused:

Your comment about Norton put me on to something else.

It isn’t in the Norton control center that one accesses from the system tray, but there is a FireFox Norton extension that one must turn off from within the browser. Once I did that then GTG.

@dylan , don’t know what you found about FireFox, but for me turning off the Norton extension solved the problem.

That is good information to know.

What extension are you referring to? The only Norton Extension I see is Norton Safe Web…

That has been in place for a while.

Yeah, that’s it.

What ever happened 2 days ago has caused Roon not to pass Safe Web checks.

Temporarily disable Safe Web to see if that changes things.

I just now logged in to the community with firefox without changing anything so they must have implemented a change.

I saw a brief flash message, seems like “there was an error” then it went on through.

Ok, I re-enabled Safe Web and everything is good.

I must have disabled Safe Web around the same time Roon made their change. Unbelievable.

@dylan Firefox is working again. I have logged off/on several times and it appears to be fine now.

Can you elaborate on the issue?

We deployed a fix for this and things should be working now, Firefox was blocking a request that was part of the sign in flow. Please let us know if you still run into trouble!

The login is working with one minor difference. Previously it had my email login id filled in when I clicked on the id box. Does not do that now and not a big deal. Just a difference.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.