Compilation Album Tracks Display Scrambled Despite Correct Order in "Fix track grouping" (ref#AW54WR)

Hi! What’s not quite right with Roon?

· None of the above quite fits

None of the above quite fits

· None of these quite match

Tell us what's going on

· I have an album that is a compilation of 9 albums. I am not able to get it to display the tracks in the proper order. I went to "Fix track grouping" under Edit and the separate folders are all lined up neatly and the tracks in order, but they are scrambled in my display. I took the album out and threw it away and waited and then put another copy from a back up disc in, but that was the same. I can't redownload the album because it has disappeared on Qobuz although I did not buy it that long ago. It would be conceivable to identify the album but there are 150 errors to correct. There are no errors, it is just a difference in the CD version I think. Any advice much appreciated.

Tell us about your home network

· Starlink by wifi to TPlink travel router on battery, Waversa WCore server, which contains an ethernet switch. But I am not streaming this. I own the album.

Hi @Susan_Tyler,

Thank you for your post. Is this the same album about which you’d reported here?

If so, we’ll merge threads accordingly to keep the full history in one place.

If you’ve made track grouping corrections in Roon and the display still won’t respect them, this is fundamentally either a bug with application logic or an incredibly useful case for our data team to investigate. In either case, we can take it from here, given the longevity of this symptom for you.

Are you able to, at your convenience, provide a copy of the affected album here for us to reproduce the issue? Otherwise, a screenshot of the track grouping as it appears in Roon and both the Fix Track Grouping screen will suffice.

Thank you.

It is a different album. I managed to fix the earlier one. I tried to send but not sure it went through. Tried a second time and then thought I should ask rather than cluttering things up for you. It is the file from the back up disc.

I have reflected upon this and think I would be better off to forget that I own this album and simply stream it when I want to. Then the order is fine. So perhaps delete the discussion, with my apologies and thanks.

Hi @Susan_Tyler

No apology needed, and nothing here was clutter.

We will close the thread either way, and streaming it is a perfectly reasonable answer in the meantime. If you hit the same thing on another album you own, please open a new thread and mention this one, since that would tell us whether it is one album or a pattern.