Connect CocktailAudio X45 Music Database with Roon/Nucleus+

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi Roon Team,

I have another question

Our music system consists of

1. Meridian Sooloos MD600 MediaDrive (with 2x3 TB internal harddrive as Music database) connected with 2 Meridian MS200 zones (kitchen and livingroom). First ms200 via toslink in our preamplifier livingroom, second ms200 via Bang&Olufsen Beosound 9000 to Lodspeaker Beolab 2000 in the kitchen. We use Meridian Control PC or the Meridian app on our IPads as software for organizing and playing music.
  2. CocktailAudio X45 (in settings/audio as Novafidelity X45) with internal SSD 4 TB as Music database (Music DB), connected via AES to preamplifier. We use Music X neo as app for playing music. This app can’t reach comfort of Meridian Control PC … that’s one of the reasons for roon

We also have a few backups on external USB-harddrives (just flacs 16/24 bit) …

We don’t have music folders on our IPads, IPhone or Mac/Windows PC. How can I get these two devices (MD600 and CocktailAudio) in roon, so that nucleus+ will find the music files and we can play music. I tried with the IP Adress of CocktailAudio X45 (192.168.178.42), but this doesn’t work (get an error). We didn’t add a SSD to nucleus+ so far, it‘s an option for future.

Can you help me please?

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

A brief forum search turned up this -

If this doesn’t help, there’s probably more threads about the topic.

Hi @Christel_Busch,

What is the exact path for the X45 that you’re entering in Roon? Are you entering a username and password for the connection? Do you know if there are any login credentials needed?

1 Like

I need the exactly Network-Path for the X45. The IP-Adress is not sufficient. That‘s what i have to find out.

1 Like

Hi @Christel_Busch,

According to the X45 Manual (Page 54) it looks like you have to enable the SMB share on the device itself, have you done this yet? Here is a link to the manual:

Thanks a lot for Information, Problem is soluted, Roon is scanning the music Folders of the MusicDB of CocktailAudio, so everything is allright and i‘m happy …:blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Christel_Busch,

That’s fantastic news, happy to hear the instructions helped!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.