Connection Nucleus to iMac

I have been using a Nucleus primarily for streaming Qobuz to my DAC. I want to use my new iMac to download and store high res music files, but not as the core. I believe that’s the same as a NAS. Should I connect the iMac to the Nucleus with a usb3 cable? Or does the Nucleus find the iMac without a cable, since both are connected to the same router?

@Neil_Levy, welcome to the Community. No, you cannot use a USB cable to connect the iMac to Nucleus and use the iMac as a storage location. Yes, you can use your iMac as a network storage device available to Roon, but it means that your iMac should be left on 24x7 (assuming your Nucleus also is on 24x7). You need to set up a network sharing connection, this thread, especially Post #15, explains how (and there are others in the forum):

Another option is to add a USB storage drive (not a stick but an external USB SSD or HD), enable that as a shared storage device between the iMac and Nucleus, send the files there, and ensure the drive is a watched directory for Roon. If you have a library storage drive in the Nucleus (not the Roon OS and database drive, but.a second drive), you also can use this second drive as a storage locaiton viewable and accessible by the Mac to which you can driop files.

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.