Continually prompted to upgrade server, then "there was an error checking for an update"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

As pictured below

Description Of Issue

I am continually prompted to upgrade server. When I click to upgrade it says “there was an error checking for an update”. This loop has happened over the past week. It is not sorting itself out.

Hi, have you tried rebooting the ROCK server?

Thank you for the suggestion.

I just rebooted (and tried to update the server via the client).

1. the Roon server software (not the server) - issue persists
  2. the server itself - issue persists

In case this helps:

I recall that I had an issue upgrading the sever a few months back. Perhaps it is still on an odd server software version?

If you use the Rock web interface to connect to your rock, you can hit “reinstall” for the OS. That will force updates. You won’t lose anything.

Hi

I did that. It completed successfully. However, the same thing is happening (prompt for upgrade, loop). The same RoonOS & firmware versions as above (marked beta) are present.

Thank you again for your help.
Chris

Ok, we need the professionals I fear. This is the weekend so responses may be slower.

(If you click the cog wheel for EyeROCK can you change the setting to “ask before installing”? See here. That may turn off the looping. But I doubt it.)

Tx for your help. I very much appreciate it. At least all is working at the moment, so it is just a question of making the server upgrade, not being musically dead in the water!

You are running a beta version of ROCK. That isn’t right. @danny this looks like something you need to look at?

When I encountered this issue, this beta was the fix. I guess it hasn’t prompted me to update until recently and … this current issue.

Hey @Chris_Donnan – someone from @RoonQA or @support will be able to look at this for you soon.

For now, can you leave ROCK on so they’re able to enable diagnostics if needed?

In the meantime, can you confirm you’ve rebooted the hardware (power off -> power on) and exactly how you installed ROCK on this device?

Hi @Chris_Donnan,

Our team tried to enable the previously mentioned diagnostics, but it doesn’t look like your device is communicating with our servers. Can you try giving it a reboot and let us know once you’ve done so? We’ll give it another shot after that. Thanks!

Hi. It’s been rebooted. Please give it a go.

ROCK was installed on this device after being sent to me by Roon support after a prior upgrade issue in perhaps August. I used a flash drive to install it. This was the issue actually, not the above one I linked incorrectly.

Thanks, @Chris_Donnan — The team is working on this and I’ll follow up ASAP. Please leave the device on and connected to the network. Thanks!

Hi @Chris_Donnan — Can you try to give the ROCK another reboot and let me know if things are working for you after that? Thanks!

It appears to be sorted. Tx very much for the assistance.

Thanks for confirming, @Chris_Donnan! Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.