Core PC connection problem with iPad / problema connessione Core PC con iPad

Hello everyone, for some time I have this problem with Roon … with the iPad I can not connect to the core that I have on Windows PC.

I think it is due to the fact of a different IP address … can someone help me? thanks.

Salve a tutti,da un po’ di tempo ho questo problema con Roon … con l’iPad non riesco a connettermi al core che ho sul PC Windows, credo sia dovuto al fatto di un differente indirizzo IP … qualcuno mi puo’ aiutare? Grazie

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share the IP addresses that the Roon Core and iPad are using?
If they are on different networks they will not be able to see each other.
They need to be on the same subnet e.g. 192.168.1.xxx

If the IPs are good, then another area to look at is the Windows firewall, as a test try switching it off.

1 Like

Hi @cristian_sanna,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At a glance I don’t see any apparent problems. However, I’d like to enable diagnostics. Can you bring your core online and leave it online for me? Once you’ve completed this template below and responded I will get the notifications and check things out.

We’ll need a bit more detail to help you get ISSUE resolved. Would you mind filling out the support template below? You can copy and paste it into your reply, thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hello, yes the problem is ip addresses… The core that is on the pc is different from that of ipad, how do I put both in the same ip address? Thank you very much

Ok that’s a start, but we need to have little information from you to be able to help.
Can you please respond to …

Hi @cristian_sanna,

I’m sorry you’re having issues. Let’s get the template filled out so we can help you further.

One note though. I enabled diagnostics and at a glance, it appears your iPad may be on its cellular connection (right now anyway) because it’s not providing us with anything resembling a home network.

Please complete the template. Ia and the team are working hard to get everyone going for the weekend.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.