Core will not hold

My setup is;
Arris SBG 6900 modum
QNAP TVS-471 version 4.3.4.0597
Roon 1.5 build 323
MAC 10.13.5

My system keeps losing the core. I get a message that says last seen 15 seconds ago.
My iPad is more stable but similiar issues.

Steve C

@support

steve…use @support to get their attention.

need @support

Thanks Larry

1 Like

Hi @Steve_Child ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Sorry to hear of the difficulties.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I kindly ask you to please provide the following:

• My assumption is that the mentioned QNAP NAS is hosting your Roon core, but please do confirm.

• Besides the mention modem (i.e Arris SBG 6900) do you have any other networking hardware that is relevant to your setup (i.e switches, powerline adaptors etc)? Having a description of your network topology would be very appreciated!

• Please confirm the make and model of device(s) that are not staying in contact with the core.

• During your troubleshooting of this behavior have you…

• Rebooted not only your Roon core but any relevant networking hardware as well (i.e router, switches, etc)?

• Have you tried reinstalling the application on the remote devices experiencing the issue?

-Eric

3 posts were split to a new topic: The only way to get remotes to connect is to reboot the NAS

I reboot my QNAP and everything works fine for a few hours.

Yes QNAP is hosting my core although when Roon can not connect to the server it defaults to my laptop. Which is a Mac Pro running 10.13.5. There is no other networking hardware. I have rebooted my QNAP and modem. I just blew Roon off the laptop and reinstalled it and now I have a connection. We will see if it holds.

Steve

Thank you for touching base with me and taking the time to provide the requested feedback, @Steve_Child . Very appreciated!

Based on this recent observation it sounds like the mentioned laptop may have been acting as another Roon core in your setup. Please do keep me posted on how things continue to hold up after this adjustment was made.

-Eric

Eric,

Roon has been running for a few hours and I have not lost the core. Although the software on my laptop (which I use as a remote) has a core. Is there a Mac download that only has remote capabilities like the OS on my iPad?

Steve

Hi @Steve_Child ---- Thank you for touching base with me! The updated is appreciated and I am pleased to hear that things are now functioning as expected.

The downloads you see here are currently what we have available, so in regard to you question unfortunately there are no downloads for OSX that are similar to the IOS install.

-Eric