Could not play DSD after update today

I use Roon for a few months with my Synology NAS and it works perfectly and smoothly from time to time.

Today when I turned on my Roon remote on iPhone, it notified me to update. I just click update on all devices.

Now my Cary DMS-500 could only playback DSD file for no more than 10 seconds and skip to next track automatically!

It says it would be performance or hardware problem, I have used it for several months already, come on!

@Cody_Wong, I have moved your post to the #support category. Please complete the following template, so you may receive appropriate assistance. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS718+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi RBS20

Connected Audio Devices

Cary DMS-500

Number of Tracks in Library

Around 2000

Description of Issue

It says

“load slowly due to performance or hardware problem”

Please complete the template thoroughly. It’s not evident how the DMS connects to your core, e.g., Wi-Fi.

Nonetheless, I note that the Synology DS718+ does not meet the minimum requirements for running your Roon core, i.e., Celeron J3455.

It doesn’t meet the basic requirement but it runs perfectly and smoothly for a long time. I don’t think we need to focus on this issue. Anyway, I reset my network of DMS-500, it resume normal. Thanks

Did you update all of your Roon devices to Roon 2.0? There are new equipment minimum requirements for this new version of Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.