Cover art disappears [Resolved]

I have noticed recently that, in the Albums view, some cover art has disappeared for ~ 5% of the albums. It appears to be random and sometimes the art reappears when I select the album. I run Roonserver headless on a ST I7 and I’m viewing through a control point on an iMac. Thanks on advance for any thoughts.

Could it be that roon hasn’t found cover art for the album? Do you have the artwork in a file and imbedded in the tags? If so try selecting the album, edit, metadata preference and tick prefer file.

I am having the exact same problem
ıt has appeared suddenly. I reidentified some albums but and art covers are back

but 1 or 2 albums with album covers in roons database don’t display the cover art although I reidentified them

Hi @Mark_Lindsay and @Serk_Psora ---- Thank you for the reports(s) and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated!

To help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing may I very kindly ask you both to provide the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. My assumption is that you are seeing this across all of your remote devices, correct? Does rebooting the machine hosting your core offer any change?

3. Can you provide some insight into when you started to notice this issue and if any changes may have occurred to your setup that may be having an influence here? No detail is too small :wink:

-Eric

Same problem here.

Here is my setup info as requested:

-running RoonServer version 1.3 build 223 headless on a ST I7 quad core with 8 gb RAM. nothing but RS runs on the ST I7.

• my Roon control points are an iMac running OSX 10.12.4 and an iPad runnng 10.1.1.

• the missing cover art now seems to be confined to the Albums view. When I select an album, the cover art is seen.

Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem in album view, but it holds on iphone and if I play a cut

Roon Server is v. 1.3 build 223 running on IMAC 3.3 i5 with 24 gb ram
OSX 19.12.4
Also is both Tidal and hard drive files

OSX is 10.12.4
Also problem is most pronounced in recently added music

I went to album editing, as Eric suggested, and decided to re identify the albums in question. As I look at Roon today, this has seemed to resolve the issue in both the albums and individual views.