Cover art not being attached

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
For the past seven CD’s I’ve saved to my library, the cover art has failed to download. There’s a message that says something like “you need to update your software”. My Roon software is up to date.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi again,

I suspect the message is … (please check this is the case) …

Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update.

Typically that message persists when Roon can’t reach their backend services due to an external networking issue … I’d suggest a full reboot of your network gear and the Roon core.

It’s also worth checking that any firewalls in use are setup correctly, esp. if there has been any recent updates to them.

If that does not work, Roon’s @support will have to looked deeper.

Full reboot fixed everything. Thanks for the quick response

2 Likes

Hi @Jeremy_Jones,

Thanks for letting us know the reboot sorted the issue out!
If you ever need further assistance, just let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.