Crash all five 5mn with the last update[Fixed, media crash]

with the last update roon crash every five mn, I uninstall and reinstall, same problem,

Hi @Franck_Provost ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is very appreciated and I am sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this crashing behavior you are experiencing, may I very kindly ask you for the following information:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• My sense, based on your report, is that this issue was not previously being experienced. Besides the mentioned Roon update have there been any other changes to your setup recently?

• Please use the instructions found here to send us a copy of your Roon logs from the device currently hosting your Roon core.

-Eric

No change on my system,
here the link for Logs : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-75txPvZgYg8RedrX1VaaLqVVjCg

Thanks.

Hi @Franck_Provost ---- Thank you for following up with me. Myself along with another support team member downloaded the provided logs and have noticed that there are some logs files missing from the folder and that the very first log (i.e “Roon_Log”) is completely blank :face_with_head_bandage:

In light of the above, may I very kindly ask you to please re-supply the logs in a “.zip” file this time opposed to a “.fr” file as provided in the first upload. Furthermore, as asked in my previous, please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Many thanks!
-Eric

my configuration :slight_smile: indows 10 Famille 64-bit
Processeur
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz 26 °C
Technologie Haswell 22nm
RAM
16,0 Go Canal-Simple DDR3 @ 799 MHz (10-10-10-30)
Carte mère
Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphiques
SyncMaster (1600x1200@60Hz)
DELL U2415 (1920x1200@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (HP)
2047 MoNVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (Gigabyte) 41 °C
Version ForceWare: 388.13
SLI désactivé
Stockage
14GB SanDisk SDSA5GK-016G-1006 (SSD)
476GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB (SSD) 31 °C
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EFRX-68AX9N0 (SATA) 26 °C
Disques optiques
ASUS BC-12D2HT
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

link for the log:
https://hubic.com/home/pub/?ruid=aHR0cHM6Ly9sYjEuaHViaWMub3ZoLm5ldC92MS9BVVRIXzg2NWJiMDcxNzcyODNmYzdhYTEwZGUyODQxNWFlM2YzL2RlZmF1bHQvLm92aFB1Yi8xNTEzMDk5MTEyXzE1MTM5NjMxMTI/dGVtcF91cmxfc2lnPTNmYTZkYWJhYzQ4MTk0ZTQyNmZjNjQwNmE2MjQ0ZTY4Yzg0ZWIwNTQmdGVtcF91cmxfZXhwaXJlcz0xNTEzOTYzMTEy

Thanks you for taking the time to answer my questions and providing a new set of logs, @Franck_Provost. Both are very appreciated!

Confirming that your logs have been downloaded and are in our tech team’s queue for analysis. Once I have some feedback from the team I will be sure to share their thoughts/findings with you ASAP. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @Franck_Provost ----- As mentioned in my previous, your logs have been passed over to our techs for evaluation and as soon as I have as sense of their progress I will be sure to update this thread accordingly.

In the meantime, I would like to propose a small test to see if we can get things to remain stable. Please see below for instructions.

• On your Roon Core, open Windows Explorer.

• Click in the address area to the right of the text (to make it active like typing in a web browser), and type %localappdata%.

• Locate your “Roon” folder (or “RoonServer” folder, if applicable).

• Please re-name your your “Roon” folder to Roon_Old (if you are using RoonServer you will rename that to RoonServer_Old, if applicable).

• Once you’ve re-named your Roon folder, please launch the application, and sign in.

• At this point you will be asked to add your local musical collection and sign into TIDAL. Please do not add any watch folders.

• With a fresh DB in place and no watch folders added (i.e nothing imported) does the application continue to crash after 5 minutes?

-Eric

with only tidal no problem, but with the previous version the same library works perfectly,

Thanks for the update @Franck_Provost, the follow up is appreciated!

Moving forward, since there are no problems with TIDAL content added to the fresh install, may I kindly ask you to now add your watch folders back into the application and verify if things remain stable.

-Eric

Hi, the problem is the same when my library. here the link for the log today :slight_smile:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M7OnKFxuzpBJYzpWKpCovlhHe3A7siiW/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Franck_Provost ----- Thank you for touching base with me and sharing your observations after having added your watch folders to the fresh install on your computer. Confirming that the provided logs have been downloaded.

Just to make sure I am understanding your update correctly. When you added your watch folders back into the application, it began to crash again, correct? Furthermore, can you please provide insight into where you musical collections is being stored/accessed from?

-Eric

The crash return after put the shared file. The file is on a NAS Thecus N5550. tFor some month, no change on my network and it’s work correctly before.The nas is 10 to raid 5, about 56000 file on my library.

Hi @Franck_Provost ---- Letting you know that I have sent you an update on this issue in PM.

Many thanks!
-Eric