Crash immediately

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

It looks like the new problematic file is:
/MP3/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/11-Only A Northern Song_01..aiff

No, there is no tool, I am manually looking at the log file and looking for the last [analysis] trace present across multiple log files. If it’s the last one showing up right before the crash, it’s likely to be the problematic file that Roon is scanning.

Thank you for your help.
After removing the file in question, it could play for a while, but it still crashed while scanning.

Roon is a very attractive software, but it is difficult to purchase if this problem cannot be solved.

It is a pity that the trial period extended by your kindness will expire in three days.

Send log.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

The new problematic file is: /MP3/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/06 OTTOTTRIO - WE'RE ALL ALONE_01..aiff.

This is the third one I noticed that has two periods one after another at the end (..) before the file type and I wonder if this is causing issues.

Not to worry, we can extend your trial again so that we can resolve this issue. I have just flagged our @accounts team who should be able to help with this aspect. Thanks!

@Tomonori_Katou

Letting you know that I extended your free trial again so you can continue to work with @noris on this issue. Your new expiration date is: September 25, 2019

1 Like

I was able to play it for about 3 hours by reducing the period of the file name that I told you. So once I quit Roon and start it again, it crashes immediately.

So when I read the log, the problem seemed to be in the previous file, so when I deleted it, it works now.

And thank you for extending the trial period.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Glad to hear that things have stabilized since removing that file! If you do notice any other issues during your trial do feel free to reach out again and I can assist. Also, thank you @eric for extending the trail period.

1 Like

Roon is stable after deleting the file. Thank you for your support.

Now that I have a symptom of losing my audio device when I wake my Mac from sleep, I will investigate the situation and report again.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Thanks for the update here! Do you by any chance still have this file? I would like to forward it to QA for review as well. Do let me know how it goes with the audio devices disappearing.

I understand the QA transfer.
The music file is still saved. When I returned to the original place before, it still crashed. I will try again.

Audio devices run Roon on an iMac and connect to FireWireDAC on a Mac mini with RoonBridge, but often lose sight of the device when the iMac is taken out of sleep.

One more thing. I think it’s better to keep the approximate language in the settings in English.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Can you send this file to me so I can pass it on to QA? If it is causing crashes in Roon, I would not import it for the time being.

Do all the audio devices disappear when this issue occurs or just the Firewire DAC?

I assume you are using Roon in another language? Can you clarify what exactly you don’t agree with being in another language?

Hi.

Zip the file and send a link.

As for the audio device, all Mac mini supported by RoonBridge will disappear.
Also, the play button may not work even if it has not disappeared.

I use Roon in Japanese.
I didn’t understand the meaning of the Japanese translation of “about” in the settings.
I feel that the English About is easier to understand in Japan.
This is only for Japanese.

HI @Tomonori_Katou,

Thanks for sending those files over, they have been forwarded to QA for closer inspection. Can you share a screenshot of what your Audio tab looks like when this issue occurs? Do you have any active firewalls on the Mac machine which could be impacting this behavior?

As for the translation suggestion, I would suggest that you bring this up in the Japanese translation improvements thread: Improving Japanese Translations (日本語翻訳について)

Hi.
There are cases where audio devices are not found when waking up in the morning.
However, since there was a firewall on the iMac, after a while, Ioon Roon was able to find the Mac mini audio device again.
Until now, it was often improved by re-reading tracks randomly.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Apologies if I was not clear, can you please post a screenshot of this page on your end when this issue occurs?

Also, can you clarify - if you wait a while do the audio device then re-appear? How long is this delay in approximate minutes?

I understand the screenshot.

I think it takes about 3 minutes for the audio device to reappear. It may reappear when all tracks are shuffled.

Also, the play button may not respond even when the audio device is displayed after waking the Mac from sleep.

The VNC screen of Macmini (Roon Bridge) to which the audio device is connected is displayed normally on iMac.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I have checked our internal ticket tracking system and I do see a similar report already submitted, I will add your report to this ticket as an additional data point although I can’t comment on a timeline for resolution.

Can I please ask you to let me know the exact local time + date in your country when this behavior next occurs and then manually send me the logs? I’d like to add the diagnostics from your Core to the report. Thanks!

I found it was not my problem. Thank you for teaching me.

My trouble now is that the multi-channel sound source does not play properly and the library is not reflected correctly.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Since this issue is not regarding the crash any longer, can you please open up two separate support tickets with additional details on these issues?

Has the original crashing behavior subsided since removing those files and I can go ahead and close this thread?

I agree. Let’s close it once. Thank you very much.

Open a ticket for multi-channel.

1 Like