Crash when opening album with no artwork

My Android Pad started crashing when I try to open unidentified albums without a cover image after the last update.

Hi @Staffan_Jonson,

What kind of Android device are you using?

As long as you don’t open one of these albums will Roon continue to work for a while?

Can you describe your networking and Core setup?

Hi Dylan.

I use Lenovo Tab M10 with Android P. Baught it for the purpose.

Yes, instant crash when clicking unidentified albums without artwork every time.

Architecture is ROCK on NUC 8i7, +4000 albums on Win10 share (for now). Players are Bluesound Node 2i, usually in groups.

Remotes on iPhone and Win10 laptop works as usual without crashing.

Staffan

Thanks, @Staffan_Jonson — We’ve enabled diagnostics and the team will look into this. We’ll be sure to follow up as soon as we have more information.

I can also confirm this. The android app will crash when the album was not identified (no album art). The PC app works fine. After that, the android app will always crash, until after I clean up cache of the app. I am running Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, Android 9.0

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Hsieh,

We are aware of this behavior and we’re looking into it, please see the following thread for any additional information:

Thanks for the link.

I’m having the same issue on a Galaxy Note 9.

The issue is with fairly recent and popular Android phones, including the Note 9 and S8 as well as older and less popular devices noted in the linked thread.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.