Crashing bug - Roon quits when clicking on endpoint company logo [Ticket In]

Core Machine

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) with Roon Core Version 1.8 (build 790) stable running on PrimeMini 4 with Intel Core 8i7-8650U vPro (NUC7i7DN), 2x8 GB DDR4-2400MHz, 2 TB SSD internal storage

Network Details

I’m located in Munich/Germany, connected via 100/44 Mbit/s DSL.
The network uses DHCP, is fast and stable. DNS is Google.
My DSL router & WiFi AP (Fritzbox 7590 with latest Firmware 07.25, 2,4 and 5 GHz) connects the Roon Remotes (all via WiFi: iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, all latest firmware and latest Roon software).
The Core is wired via Gigabit-Ethernet to the router, as is the main system network streamer (LUMIN).

Audio Devices

ROCK (Core)
➜ Ethernet ➜
Fritzbox 7590 (DSL Router, WiFi AP)
➜ Ethernet ➜
Uptone EtherRegen (Switch)
➜ Ethernet ➜
LUMIN U1 Mini (Endpoint)
➜ USB ➜
Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2
➜ HDMI (I2S) ➜
PS Audio DirectStream DAC

Description Of Issue

Roon MacOS and iOS app reproducible crashes when tapping on the top manufacturer logo in the signal path (LUMIN, in my case).
I heard the same issue from other users on Facebook.
This happens with Roon 1.8 (build 790) as well as with Roon 1.8 (build 783).

(First reported here: Signal path product icon shows twice [Resolved - Build 790] - #7 by Philipp_Schaefer)

To illustrate:

Hi @Philipp_Schaefer ,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is still present on build 790. Can we please ask that you reproduce the issue on your Mac and then use these instructions to send us a log set from your Mac Remote (not the ROCK Core) after the crash? Any questions, just let us know!

1 Like

Sure, @noris, will do.

1 Like

We are investigating this on our end.

2 Likes

Same things happens to me. I also use a U1 mini and I am running build 790 on my NUC Rock Core and my iMac as a controller. I use a couple of different DACs and it does not seem to affect anything. If I click on the Lumin icon, the Roon app immediately quits/crashes.

2 Likes

I think I’ve identified and fixed some broken web links on the Lumin web site. However, this still does not work.

@john @noris please check if there is a link that Roon needs from our web site but is still broken.

1 Like

Hi @noris, here you find the logs from the Mac Remote (User → … → Library → Roon → Logs) Dropbox - Philipp_Schaefer_Logs_4.zip - Simplify your life
I hope that helps. Thanks for looking into this.

1 Like

Hello @Philipp_Schaefer ,

Thank you for sending the logs over! I wanted to touch base with some good news, we’ve been able to reproduce the issue in the lab, but are still investigating the root cause. We’ve put in a ticket for QA to investigate this further. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.