Crimson monoblocks

Anyone else have any thoughts on Crimson products. Preamp and monoblocks ?

Very very old school. Very simple design I’m not sure they have fundamentally changed since the mid seventies.

1 Like

That could only mean good right? Old school fundamentals ? They say old school is best.

Could be. There were Crimsons in the show us your equipment thread recently, perhaps ask the owner for sound impressions?

1 Like

i’m the owner lol i think it sounds really good. I was introduced to Crimson by a friend. Never having even heard of the company before i was sceptical. After testing out Hegel H 190,Rega Brio,Rotel can’t remember the model now i was shocked how much more detail punch and musical the CS630C monoblocks were not to mention my old Marantz integrated at the price for the pre and monoblock combo. i’m surprised that it’s so hard to find that much info on Crimson products. I must admit there new stuff is out of my price range.

They used to be highly rated in the early 80s. One of the amps on my shortlist at the time - along with Exposure and Meridian. I ended going with a Meridian M2 active system.

1 Like

That’s going way back. The setup I have was build in 1999-2000. I also sent my pre and amps for tune up and upgrades. Can’t be anymore happy with Crimson.

Ha! My apologies.
I started looking but not being able to assemble them when they originally came as a kit.
They always were seen as “up there” with the Rega level of hifi. The celestions are a good match I would have thought to make a very musical system.

1 Like

Thank goodness they come assembled now a days. Couldn’t see myself putting it together lol. Honestly what I’m hearing with my setup is nothing that I heard before. Good thing there not that popular :hugs:

1 Like