Crossfade doesn't work for 24/192 tracks [Fixed in Build 157]

how do we get crossfade working its just does not work at all, is there some thing I’m not doing right

Brent

Without knowing what you are doing, it’s difficult to say.

Crossfade used to be in the Queue, but it’s now in the Zone picker. Click on the Zone icon in the footer, then the cog for the relevant zone. Select a Crossfade time from the menu.

I’m only using one zone and i set the crossfade to on and tried it on
3sec to 5sec to 10sec and it does zero crossfading, it really odd that is just does not work at all.

Working for me, with local and Tidal content. Is your signal path light changing to green ? Try it on 10s first and watch the play bar. I think it’s more of a fade than a true crossfade as there is not a lot of blending.

I’m playing 24/192 files does that matter no blending at all

Hi @brent_Bolthouse — Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear about the trouble here. Can you please confirm for me if the files that you are trying to crossfade together are both 24/192? Have you experienced this with files that are 16/44.1? I am certain we can get this worked out for you :slight_smile:

-Eric

from what i can tell it happening on all files 24/193 and 16/44.1

Hi @brent_Bolthouse — Thank you for your feedback as it is greatly appreciated.

We have run some tests in house and were able to reproduce an issue crossfading files that were 24/192. We have opened a ticket internally to have the issue investigated, as it appears to be a possible bug. Thanks for the report!

We were able to successfully crossfade between files that were 16/44.1. Crossfading in Roon (and many other applications) only works between files of the same sample rate, so is there any chance only one of the files was 16/44.1?

Once again thank you for your input and we hope to have this issued resolved in a timely manor.

-Eric

i have been chasing with Rob Darling and he told me the same thing very excited to hear. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the report @brent_Bolthouse – this bug affected media with sample rate multiples of 48k, and is fixed for our next release.

amazing any ETA on the update

got the update and 24/192 crossfading is working very very well thank you guys :slight_smile:

question 1. Mike the crossfade is not working on DSD files now i have tried have you any word of advice,

question 2. I’m playing on the PS audio Direct Stream using the Bridge II and it will not play Pure DSD files it converting them to PCM is this something i can changed or is because I’m using the Bridge ll to play in stead of the USB ?

Hi @brent_Bolthouse ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the slow response. I am sorry that you are experiencing this problem with your DSD content.

We would like to try and replicate this issue in house. Would you be able to provide us two samples to test with via dropbox? Thanks!

-Eric

is there a Dropbox to and email i should send the tracts to ?

@brent_Bolthouse ---- I will be contacting you momentarily via PM. Thanks!

-Eric

A fix went live in Build 157! Happy listening!

-Eric