Crossfade with tracks with cold ending

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

! Excellent software ! But I don’t like your CROSSFADING options. It doesn’t work well. I want my favourite tracks being played in random order, gapless and without fading into the next track… It works well as long as the previous track fades out , but whenever the previous track has a cold ending the last second of it is cut off. That’s the one thing JRIVER MEDIACENTER does much better! Can crossfading be improved? It’s a big issue for me!

And in reply to your questions: Source: SSD on LOCAL computer and YES , I notice this behaviour all the time and the content has the same sample rate, bit-depth. Preset TIME Crossfade : 1 second.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with the way the JRIVER Mediacenter handles CROSSFADING, it works quite well.

TEXT GOES HERE

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why doesn’t crossfade work? [Ticket In]