Custom themes on desktop

Hi,

I just updated to 1.8, and while I was fixing a DB-issue I noticed the theme files. Obviously I had to tinker with them.

This is just a quick edit with a palette I’m familiar with. You’re quite limited since the same tags are used in different places (e.g. “Play now” button and sidebar text). But I’m sure someone could make some awesome custom themes if this was better supported.

Is this something that has been looked into?

4 Likes

Thank you so much Olfi!

Changed “atom-blue” to #608583. No more purple!

1 Like

Cheers for this have been playing about with the colours and managed to changed the background colours, highlight colours and get rid of the awful colours around the boxes as can be seen here. I am feeling better now sorting the colours out.

1 Like

Oh nice, I didn’t even know that this was possible.

Can fonts be changed too?

I have been mucking about with things and seen the font files in the roon directory I tried to change some of the fonts to a better one but roon just crashed on start up so not sure if the fonts can be changed, but there again not sure which ones I would need to change to stop it from crashing!! lol.

1 Like

This is not officially supported and is considered “you are on your own” tinkering. You can crash Roon doing this.

Indeed this is why I back everything up I tinker with so if something breaks can easily be put back to how it was before hand and crisis averted.

Imagine not supporting themeable accent colour in 2021 :omegalul:

2 Likes

I love/hate (delete as applicable) the purple - Tinkering - Roon Labs Community

I know, but sure I read somewhere lost in the 1000’s of pages it has been mentioned it was something they were looking to do with regards to themes and fonts I think. I would love to be able to add a custom font to roon and increase some of the font sizes.

1 Like

cheers just having a read of that now.

1 Like

Having the ability to increase font sizes is really critical - while I like the new design and features, the font is too small to read sitting 6ft away from a 55inch LG 4K TV connected to a Mac Mini acting as Roon Server/endpoint. The interface has been designed for Laptop or direct PC use but I would think there must be some users running Roon on a computer connected to the TV in the music room.

Customizability is key…

2 Likes

I love/hate (delete as applicable) the purple - Tinkering - Roon Labs Community

It looks like some people are having a go at resizing the fonts in there, its getting a bit late for me at the minute to be doing more tinkering with Roon so will have a look again in the morning, though it seems a few people have manged to change some fonts.

1 Like

That post was after my thread. Weird that he didn’t just post in this one. Why have two so similiar threads at the same time? :man_shrugging:

As long as you stick to hex-colors it should probably be fine. I don’t see any reason why this is any risky at all?

Keep on going guys. Maybe, just maybe, Roon would be willing to make a third theme that is less white or less black than the current two options.

Why not? :slight_smile:

1 Like