Daily Mixes not showing in build 806 [Recent issues resolved, Roon continuing to monitor and work on additional improvements]

Not seen Daily mixes all week. Whats going on here? Is this completely broken now?

So, in my case…they’re Baaaaack! Thanks for your efforts on this.

Daily Mixes never showed up for me, not once, on any device. I’ve let Roon play music all night, almost every night this past week, & nothing.

Maybe you could try just the opposite, and give Roon enough time to prepare Daily Mixes for you.
I has Daily Mixes starting after a day or 2, received them 4 days in a row and then nothing for 3 days. This morning they were back.
I have no clue how the timeline for presenting new Daily mixes is organised. For me (Europe) , if I get them they are made availble during the night (which is US daytime), but I am not playing anything. Roon remains active to perform backups during the night.

Dirk

12 hours late and still no daily mixes….seems like Roon has issues on e dry update they release while they ad erotiserend how seamless everything works…

IMO playing something in Roon determines the type of Daily Mix one gets, not whether one gets them or not.

Hey everyone, thanks for the continued feedback. Our team is still working on this. Apologies to everyone still not seeing mixes! I’ll post an update here as soon as I can.

3 Likes

I have Daily Mixes today :smiley:
Unfortunately they are still selecting items from both Tidal and Qobuz.
For me, the ones from Qobuz are skipped, as my Qobuz account from 2013, which predates Roon & any streaming service, doesn’t provide streamed content. This noted in the information returned to Roon, when the Qobuz account is validated.

If you are unable to play Qobuz streams, could you not log out from Qobuz? Is there a benefit to staying logged in via Roon?

Michael

1 Like

Yesterday I did have Daily Mixes back.
Today, no Daily Mixes.

This will be my last unsollicited feedback on this topic.
Upon request I will provide feedback

Dirk

Sent my log files yesterday and today daily mixes is back. Will see how long it lasts this time. Had it for a couple of days after 806 was released and then it went AWOL.

Yes, I like to see “What’s new” from the Qobuz stream in the “New Releases for You”, so I can look to purchase from Qobuz if required.

Plus I would like Roon to add any purchases made to my Roon library - the Qobuz integration worked that way, when first introduced.

All that is needed in the ‘Daily Mix’ generation is not to use Qobuz as a source when the flag stating “No stream formats available” - the system has the status, so it just needs to use it appropriately.

1 Like

That makes good sense, but as Roon seems so slow with NRFY (with Qobuz anyway - I don’t use Tidal) I’d be tempted to use Qobuz via their app or web page to check new releases as a workaround, and log out from within Roon.
I agree it seems daft that Roon knows there is no streaming available yet still insists on adding to a Daily Mix from Qobuz.

Michael

Good news, the Daily Mixes are back!

Why do you logout?
You can login with Qobuz whilst being logged in via Roon (e.g. 2 Qobuz connections)
Normally hearting an album in Qobuz will synchronize in Roon rather quikly. If not fast enough, you can always go to Settings-Services-Qobuz-edit-synchronizr now.
(Some albums will not appear in Roon. But that exceptions confirming the generic rule)

Every friday, I check new releases in Qobuz. I do heart the ones I want to give a listen.
They appear in My Library where I give them a tag NEW. After listeninh, I either remove the tag, or the album if I don´t want to keep it.

Dirk

Logging out was a suggestion for for Simon’s particular situation. I’ve not logged out of Qobuz in Roon for a year!

Michael

@dylan

My DM reappeared yesterday after a 24-hour hiatus; the section has remained and updated – sometime overnight, apparently – with a new set of mixes appearing upon opening a remote this morning.

Perhaps users could benefit from an outline describing how this is supposed to work, so that we might know what to expect?

1. Is there a particular time of update? Is it a local time or a global time, or is it a matter of duration (i.e. every 24 hours or something like that)? Or is there a trigger for updating the mixes?

2. How is updating expected to work during Roon use? Does it matter if Roon is “open,” playing songs at the time of update? If I happen to be playing a Daily Mix at the time of update, what is supposed to happen?

3. How does DM aggregation work anyway? How are seeds selected? Is my locally stored collection analyzed or is it only my “library” collection from my streaming service(s) that is analyzed for DM lists? How does what I play each day impact the selection of DM seeds/lists? Or does it? What if I only play DM mixes throughout the day?

I do not have any clear idea of how the DM feature is intended to work – what to expect – so even when a resolution is found, I’m not sure what behavior to look for and what, in addition to simple disappearance, a malfunction or suboptimal performance would look like.

Any guidance along these lines would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Out of interest - if your Qobuz account doesn’t provide streamed content what’s stopping you from disabling it in Roon?

1 Like

Answered this earlier

and here, when I reported the behaviour

1 Like

After several days of having daily mixes they were not present today. Log files have been sent. I love the mixes feature and look forward to receiving them reliably!