Daily Mixes not showing in build 806 [Recent issues resolved, Roon continuing to monitor and work on additional improvements]

I have updated my core and iPad app… Rebooted the core and still no daily mixes to date.

Sorry to hear that Chris.

Very strange for sure.

Although I have to say today’s mixes are odd…3 are total repeats from earlier in the week, 1 is of interest but the other 2 are artists I have never listened to even by accident and definitely have zero interest in.
But at least they showed up!

1 Like

I have updated to build 814 and STILL have mixes which is great :slight_smile:

Unfortunately “play from here” STILL does not work within a mix as well, which is really annoying…

A post was split to a new topic: No daily mixes still

Still seeing that same behaviour on my Android phone .
New set of Daily Mixes :
Van Morrisson
Billy Joel
Suzanne Vega
Calexico
Waxahatchee
Stevie Nicks

Then on Win10PC (also remote control)
Cat Power
Feist
Double Trouble
David Bowie
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
The Beatles

After refresh sreen on phone, the same at Android phone.

Have this every morning.
Will test the opposite tomorrow, i.e. 1st opening on Win10 and only then on Android.

Dirk

Hey @anon90297517

On our end it’s showing that these mixes were generated yesterday (the 29th). Did you use the Android remote yesterday at all? If not they may have remained on your home screen from the day before.

These are the mixes that show being populated today (the 30th). We aren’t seeing that you’re receiving two sets of mixes. This seems like it has something to do with what’s being displayed on your home screen on the remote until its synced with our servers.

The good news is that your Daily Mixes are showing up!

Hey @Robert21 - we’re still working on this one and appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Hi Jamie

In my experience, and to the bes t of my knowledge, I have to disagree.

I checked on my Android phone around midnight (CET) and the Daily Mixes were stile aligned (= equal) to the Daily Mixes on my Win10 PC. The next morning, I was ‘happy’ to see 2 different sety of Daily Mixes, at least for a short instance.

As said, I will check again at midnioght tonight and reverse the process tomorrow morning , i.e. 1st Win19, then Android.

For me this is actually not a problem at all, but as Roon has indicated, Daily Mixes require quite some resources from Roon’s servers. It is a waste of resources to build 2 sets of Daily Mixes.
There’s no way I can keep up with one set :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Dirk

Jamie I seem to be seeing similar results to Dirk and it’s almost always my phone that I pick up first. I have been saving a lot of these mixes as they are making very nice playlists.

This saturday morning 31/7 (7 o’clock CET) 1st check on Win10 and only then on Android phone.
The same new Daily Mixes are presented:
Led Zeppelin
Father John Misty
Jonathan Wilson
Phoebe Bridges
David Gilmour
Intergalactic Lovers

So I assume everything is fine now, although I will check at last time in reverse order tomorrow morning.
Only if result would be different I will report back.

Dirk

1 Like

Sadly, still no daily mixes for me. Qnap/IPad pro all up to date…

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Daily Mixes - Feedback on the selection and content

The Roon team have deliberately excluded you. It’s a test, you can post a joke but can you take…:grinning:

3 Likes

:joy: I can take it…I like the exclusive nature of it… I have so much music to listen to, I’ll not worry. This too shall pass…

2 Likes

Hey @Chrislayeruk

I’ve been circling back and revisiting this on our side for folks who have reported that their mixes have been absent. It appears that mixes were generated for you today and yesterday. Are you able to see you mixes on your Home page? I’m hopeful that you are as you have a pretty nice batch today!

No mixes here.
Still have never seen one.

Yes, I just looked and they are here today. I did not see them yesterday but I suffered a period of very slow repose. Core rebooted, all seems normal now… Thank you…

Thank you for confirming @Chrislayeruk! We apologize for the delay getting these to you. I hope you’re good moving forward. If you see any regression please let us know.

I don’t know for certain if this applies to your particular mix issue but many of our customers have seen streaming service, as well as general internet speed, improvements by changing their DNS settings. I’m adding some info on this if you’d like to try that out.

Change Router DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS.

1 Like