Daily Mixes not showing in build 806 [Recent issues resolved, Roon continuing to monitor and work on additional improvements]

Nope.
Does not appear to have that option on the iPad, I just checked on mine and I do not see it either.
Nor on Android phone.

So looks like it is just there on my Win10 pc remote.
Will take a screenshot of it when I go back upstairs to the pc.

1 Like

Well of course, now I go to take screenshots it does not show like it did earlier…lol

But when I click on it it does only ask me to add to library if not already in.
See two screenshots where one says add to library because its not in my library and the second one says nothing as it already is in my library.

Still it could be better enacted I think!

Now I will have to go see if THAT is the same on the iPad!

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots.

It seems if I have the Qobuz album already in my library, the “add to library” option does not show on the Now Playing screen, just like in your example.

However, if the album in my library is a local copy, “add to library” shows up like it’s not in my library even though it appears Roon recognizes my local copy is the same album as the Qobuz copy. If I add the Qobuz copy to my library (so now I have a local and Qobuz copy), then “add to library” is no longer displayed.

Well that makes zero sense from a library point of view.
I think Roon should look at that as it does not seem right.

1 Like

Agreed. I could understand if my local copy was unidentified, but that’s not the case here.

I wonder if it’s somehow related to the fact that every track in the Daily Mix is from Qobuz even if I have the same in my local library (btw, Radio completely ignores my local library as well). In other words, track selection only comes from streaming sources, never from the local library.

1 Like

That actually sounds very likely.

Be nice if Roon could confirm that’s exactly how the Daily Mixes work.

I have no complaints about the Daily Mixes, but I wonder when Roon 1.8 is going to recommend Deep Purple to all of us. I know the algorithm wants to.

2 Likes

I still have no daily mixes, not once, not on any device (iMac, iPhone, iPad). Ive tried playing music all night, I’ve tried not playing anything at all for a couple, I’ve logged out & back in into tidal, I’ve restarted the server… nothing.

I seem to benefit from ‘double’ doses Daily Mixes as well, 2 days in a row now.

Opening Roon on my Android phone I get a new set of Daily Mixes presented.
Opnening Roon on a second control point (or stopping and restarting Roon on my phone , e.g. gives me another new set of Daily Mixes. This second set remains the same during the day.

Not really an issue for me, but I do not want to be guilty of hijacking somebody elses Daily Mixes.

Dirk

1 Like

Well I would just not talk to @Chrislayeruk at the moment then as it seems we are all having his mixes :wink:
Though sadly today I only have one set of them, You can’t really go wrong with these either

3 Likes

Daily mixes have shown up several days in a row but the lists change from one remote to another before they sync up with the same lists.

Seems to be a pattern, first remote initialization of the day, to check the IPAD first and see one mix then check the W10 remote and see a different mix. Go back to the IPAD and the mix changes to what appeared on the W10 laptop remote. After that they remain the same.

Is there a time of day for the switch to occur or is it the first time the remote is started that triggers the switch from the previous daily mix.

1 Like

Daily mixes show up reliably on my Windows 10 remote but not on my kindle fire remote.

Seems that I am the only one not getting these Daily Mixes, first week was OK
But the last 2 weeks nothing
Not on Ipad, Android Tablet or phone and not on Win10

You are not alone…

Be thankful you are not getting them as they have dramatically cut down my album listening time, which was at least 90%+ of my music listened before.
Double edge sword I tell you…

(Though I have to admit to having enjoyed about 4 hours on two playlists today)

1 Like

Same here. Most have been outstanding. The “Jerry Garcia Band” mix made me laugh though. 2 songs with David Grisman with nothing else but Grateful Dead studio, releases. Because nothing screams jam band ike those deep studio cuts. this ends my first world whining.

2 Likes

Actually that Garcia and Grisman album is excellent IMHO.

Enjoy your music!

2 Likes

Agreed, I have a couple of copies. vinyl, cd, digital.

2 Likes

And now no mixes on both platforms.

Please update to build 814 and see what improvements that makes :+1:

1 Like