Database Not updating after upgrading to Roon 1.7 (Build 610)

After updating Rock to Roon 1.7 (Build 610). When I add new music. It does not show up till I do a force rescan or system reboot.

Without any system information hard to know.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating

1 Like

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Please share the rest of the setup details when you have a chance.
Where are you adding music to, is it internal storage or a NAS?

Before the last update database was updating in real time on its own.

Now it does not update till I manually force it.

I have been adding music to one of 3 8TB USB attached drives.

The last drive in the screen shot

NUC8i7BE

System Status

Serial #94C691AA4993

Operating System

Reinstall

OK

Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Running 1 hour, 30 minutes, 51 seconds.

Roon Server Software

RestartToggle Dropdown

OK

Version 1.7 (build 610) stable

Running 0 minutes, 3 seconds.

Roon Database & Settings

Reset

OK

85% of 162 GB available.

Internal Music Storage

Format

OK

4000GB, ST4000LM016-1N2

Screenshot (25)

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Does the same issue occur on all of your storage locations or just one/some?

It is only happening on 1 usb drive when adding music to it.
The only one I have that has enough room for more music.

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Which drive from the above list is this? Can you please provide model/manufacturer of the drive?

If you try to clear up a bit of space on the other drives and copy some new content there, do those other drives have the same issue?

I did clear some space on the other drives.
Copied music to them.
All other drives update in real time.
Just that one drive that has the space I need does not update it’s database without a forced update since I updated to build 610.

HI @Edmond_Chung,

Thanks for confirming, can you please provide this info?

easystore_WD_easystore_

es8t

1 Like

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Thanks for confirming the drive! Can I please ask that you next reproduce this issue and let me know that time it occurs at? The steps are below:

• Have Roon open and no imports going on
  • Add some new content to the Easystore drive
  • Note exact local time + date + content name import completed and content is still missing
  • Perform force rescan
  • Note exact local time + date content when shows up after the rescan

Since updating to Build 610 I have added hundreds of albums in many sessions. Most 16/44 but also many 24/44,48,96 flac and a few Diff’s. They all do the same.
Upload >
No realtime Database update >
Force Rescan of Easystore Drive ( sometimes I’ll do this step right away or wait hours) >
See instant Database update

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Yes, I understand that it occurs with a few different files, can you please let me know the info I requested in my previous message?

I would like to enable diagnostics mode and take a look at your logs, but I need these timestamps so I know which section of logs I should look at, thanks!

8/2/2020
Added to Easystore drive: 2:48 pm PDST (Took 40 secs)
Artist: Mississippi Heat
Album: Delta Bound

Forced Rescan: 2:50 pm PDST

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp!

I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action should have done is automatically deliver a log set for review, but I am not seeing the log set coming in properly.

Can you please use these instructions to send me a manual set (using option 1)?

1 Like

Thanks for those logs @Edmond_Chung, I can confirm proper receipt of them and I have requested QA to review the logs. Thanks in advance for your patience here!

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Thanks again for sending those logs. I have brought up your case with QA, but we have a few questions:

1. How is the Eeasystore hard drive formatted as? Is it using ExFat / NTFS / FAT32?

2. How are you adding media to that hard drive? Are you using another PC? If so, what kind of PC?
    Are you doing Drag-And-Drop via a Windows Explorer or Mac Finder Window?

Easystore hard drive formatted as ExFat.
I am using 3 different HP laptops running Windows 10.
Drag-And-Drop via a Windows Explorer

1 Like

Hi @Edmond_Chung,

Thanks for that information, I have updated the ticket and I see it’s still in the queue for QA to review, once I have more information, I’ll reach out again, thanks!