Deezer integration coming to Roon?

See this for more why Roon does not do myriad basic integrations

Yeah, excellent device the node 2. I have hooked up,directly to a pair of Edifier s1000db. Sounds pristine.

I got the Powernode2 driving a set of Dynaudio Confidenceā€™s ā€“ sounds amazing for what it is. Yes, disproportionate, but my main system is Boulder, dCS and Wilson so this is good enough for my office.

Totally disagree with you @Q_HOME ā€“ I have a dCS Rossini, Boulder 2000 series Pre and Amplifier and Wilson Alexiaā€™s ā€“ MQA sounds great on that.

I also have a Bluesound Powernode2 driving a Dynaudio Confidence C1 Pair with a Velodyne DD+ 10" sub and it sounds amazingly good with MQA. It is noticeable on that setup. You donā€™t need to go crazy to get the benefits of MQA, just spend a little more than antiquated Sonos. I have no idea how Sonos has stayed relevant seeing how they have done very little in terms of updating their hardware to support hi-rez or even update their amplification in their AMP units.

Bottom line is that MQA can be appreciated w/Tidal on Bluesound. It would be nice if Deezer was supported by Roon though but I guess thatā€™s too much to ask.

And to those saying that ā€œitā€™s not Roonā€™s fault, itā€™s everyone elseā€™sā€ as to why Roon havenā€™t integrated other streaming services, once again look at the data. First, there are a lot of streaming services. Donā€™t you find it odd that the only one to be integrated with Roon is Tidal? You canā€™t keep calling it everyone elseā€™s problem when youā€™re the one whoā€™s the oddball. Also, I have yet to read any proof that the ā€œfaultā€ lies with these companies rather than Roon. Besides, the numbers speak for themselves. Of all these services, no one wants to deal with Roon. So whoā€™s got the problem?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s to hoping deezer will be supported; when does their sonos tie up endā€¦

1 Like

Thanks, seems thereā€™s no longer a reason not to talk to deezer any more then; although it was 9 months ago, so still not looking promising.

Deezer shared an update on a few user requested features at https://en.deezercommunity.com/news-16/your-ideas-review-1-6793

Regarding Roon, itā€™s firmly in the ā€œNot right now, but weā€™ll keep it in mindā€ category.

Nice to see the facts, which is that it isnā€™t Roon that is the impediment here.

Here is another reason for Deezer or Spotify integration.

According to this article, Tidal falsified the streaming numbers for Kanye and Beyonce. Tidal strongly denies this (as they should) and probably lawsuits are fixing to start flying.

If the lawsuits do start and if this actuation is proven to be correct or not, one has to wonder about the viability of Tidal to continue.

Will be interesting to watch.

Did Tidal really fake Kanye and BeyoncĆ©ā€™s streaming numbers?

ā€“MD

Iā€™m trialling both roon and Tidal and while roon is excellent and I would be happy tweaking artist artwork in my collection for hours Iā€™m not at all impressed by Tidal.

Itā€™s not the quality, although I notice that most of KMFDMs catalouge on Tidal is only 22KHz, itā€™s really the content I canā€™t stomach. From the signup experience to first login, having Jay-Z, Beyonce and Kayne rammed down my throat is just too much. All three, to me, represent The-Emproers-New-Clothes of modern music. I wonder what the other owners, Jack White, Modanna et al make of this?

Also Tidal in my region (Australia) is missing some artists that are quite important to me. From the 1980s The Triffids to current day Chvrches.

Deezer on the other hand leaves me largely un trouble by the likes of Beyonce and has the full catalogue of both the examples above. Also itā€™s Hi-Fi on my Yamaha MusicCast.

I guess this is a long version of ++1 for Deezer integration.

I know this has been posted before but as a reminder please recipricate this on the Deezer comunity forums:

1 Like

Just checking: youā€™re not seeing any albums by The Triffids in TIDAL in Australia at all? If I do a search for the Triffids here (the Netherlands), Iā€™m getting 17 albums in TIDAL for this Australian bandā€¦ Bizarreā€¦

Yep. Local band, zero albums available on Tidal. Itā€™s probably due to our draconian distribution rights or something. Odd that both Deezer and Spotify have them though.

Itā€™s not a deal breaker by itself but lack of Chvrches is!

That must be so frustrating as in the UK we have all the Chvrches material available and the new album is due out soon too.
I guess there will be music that you can get that we cant get here too.

I do still have my Deezer subscription. Their support team kindly made me a British citizen on the sly so I will have access to the new album :grin:

I your bored this is an example of how we are starved of the good stuff here in Australia. We have the local version of 7 Digital called Z Digital

https://www.zdigital.com.au/search?q=chvrches

Compare that to the UK version:

https://www.7digital.com/search?q=chvrches

They have some pretty sophisticated geoblocking to prevent us buying from the UK store too. A vpn using a UK proxy doesnā€™t fool them.

I would much prefer Deezer integration in Roon, rather than TIDAL. I prefer the Deezer interface and music suggestions.

1 Like

You would get Deezer presented through a version of the Roon interface just like Tidal is wouldnā€™t you?

2 Likes

Perhaps this has been the case for a long time, but I just noticed that Deezer HiFi has, apparently, replaced the old Sonos-exclusive Deezer Elite service tier.

https://www.deezer.com/en/offers/hifi

Like everyone else here, Iā€™d love to see a Roon integration. Iā€™m not hugely likely to switch from TIDAL at this point, but integrations with Deezer HiFi, Qobuz, and any other lossless streaming providers would seem to provide a broader base of streaming content for the Roon platform.

1 Like

Might give it a whirl on my Atom to see how it compares. I wonder if its gapless via Chromecast?

Interesting - so you can now get Deezer HiFi outside of Sonos. It would be great to have Deezer integrated to Roon. I think itā€™s quite a big effort to integrate into the software front end, thoughā€¦ looks to me like the structure would need to change fairly significantly.

1 Like