Devialet: Transport: Device in Use

I suppose my problems are network issues then. The problem exists even if I have no AIR drivers installed on any machine. Regrettably I’m forced to use WiFi, but it works flawlessly with Netflix and HBO so one might assume streaming CD quality music would not be an issue.

I do have smart switches though, but none of them should be between the Roon Core and the WiFi base station.

I’d much rather use ethernet to be honest, but Devialet doesn’t play ball with the DHCP server on my Cisco router :frowning: Waiting for the new streamer card to fix things.

set static ip?

I tried setting a static IP outside of the DHCP range and got the ethernet working. I could swear it didn’t work the last time I tried it, but that was a long time ago. I was never interested in Air until now :smiley:

But what is even better is that Roon now seems to work with my Devialet. Air with WiFi had problems, but ethernet works like a charm. Awesome.

I’ve been using Roon Air since July with zero problems, but today I just got this issue when I skipped to a previous track using the android app, I was playing from tidal at the time. Closing and restarting roon server fixed it, and I cannot re-create it with fiddling right now. I had updated to the latest version about an hour ago. Feels like a one off right now, and I hadn’t rebooted since updating, only reporting right now for my logs, and in case it’s a thing in the new version.

I am getting this message now and cannot use Roon/Devialet. I can launch AIR and it works fine. I make sure that AIR is not running but all I get is “Transport” Device in use". It worked fine until a week or so ago. . no changes on my system.

I had this error on and off, making Mac Mini-Roon-Ethernet-Devialet almost unusable, and making the Roon remote on the iPhone hopeless.
Today, I changed the IP address of the Devialet (via LeConfigurateur) to 192.168.1.2
I changed the IPV4 settings on the Mac Mini to 192.168.1.1
I left the Server address on that page BLANK.
Now it works perfectly every time.
Apparently, the Mac hates having two “192.168.0.something” addresses on it.
See https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4429, but note the changes I mention above.
Wow! AT LAST! It WORKS!!!

David

Is your’s a standard Pro, or does it have the IC board fitted?

If with new IC Board how does it sound now you’ve sorted out your Ethernet access issue.

Standard Expert, not Pro, no IC board, Celts88

I started having these “Transport: Device in Use” errors today after changing a DSP preset in Roon. I don’t understand how adjusting DSP settings can cause this error. I’m having Devialet 1000 Pro with the new Core Infinity board.

The log files are confirming that device is apparently in use…
12/08 14:57:04 Info: [Devialet] [zoneplayer] Open result (Queueing): Result[Status=Success]
12/08 14:57:06 Trace: [devialet] device in use (feedback timeout)
12/08 14:57:06 Trace: [devialet] releasing feedback socket
12/08 14:57:06 Warn: Track Stopped Due to DeviceInUse
12/08 14:57:06 Trace: [Devialet] [zone] Suspend

Any ideas how to solve this problem? I have rebooted the Devialet, re-started the Roon Server, but still I get the same error message.

I have had the same a couple of times, running a devielat 220 pro with CI.
Rebooting the Dev is not enough, unplugging the wall plug and restarting does help for me.

However, I have multiple problems with Roon/Devialet, it stops playing a playlist after each track or after a few tracks seemingly at random. I will wait for updates on the firmware and software to see if it improves.
Sound quality of the Dev has improved significantly with the CI board in my view, so most problems are forgiven (for now).
THere is much more detail within instruments and voices now.

@danny Just received my two D220Pro back from Devialet, had one working since Saturday and decided to install the other today, both on the same network but different ip addresses listed in Roon, the problem is when one is playing if I try to start play on the other one I get ‘device in use’. I can only clear this my exiting Roon however whichever device I try to start up second then has the same issue ‘device in use’. Is this a Roon issue or Devialet issue? Both set to factory config.

Hi @Dannythered ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us after having added the 220Pros back to your setup.

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so our tech team can try to get a sense as to what could be causing you to receive the mentioned warning in the application (i.e “device in use”). With this in mind, may I very kindly ask you to please reproduce the issue and note the time of day when you receive the message.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for your response , feel free to enable diagnostics on my account, I will recreate the issue tomorrow on my return from work and contact you again

1 Like

@Eric I have just recreated the issue at 17:55 UK time, Mac mini with Roon core, DHCP enabled, also enabled on both Pros

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up(s) @Dannythered, very appreciated!

I am going to be updating your ticket with the mentioned time frames and the received diagnostics report. Once our techs have completed their analysis and have provided me with some feedback on this issue I will be sure to touch base with you asap to share their findings/thoughts. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

I’ve been having all of these same problems since I updated my Devialet. Unlike many of the others having these problems I’m streaming from an Antipodes DX, not from a Mac.

Hi folks,

We’ve examined some logs related to these reports, and what we’re seeing is very similar to an issue in Devialet’s firmware that their developers have now resolved. We are looking into whether that fix has been released yet or not, but we do know that there is a fix in the pipeline.

If everyone could confirm their Devialet firmware version, that will help us separate this known (and soon-to-be-resolved) issue from other factors, like networking.

Thanks all!

Sorry - double up

Mike

Do you know if Devialet fixed in the new Beta Software released last night

Devialet Expert Pro-2.2 beta4 - Firmware 11.5.17

One thing that did appear funny is the firmware they released on 1st December was 11.5.18, but now this Beta Release includes Version 11.5.17

I’ve had the problem with all OS versions since the upgrade to Core Infinity.