Devialet: Transport: Device in Use

Running 11.5.18, is it worth me trying the beta 11.5.17? Just signed up for the beta program, let me know

Same problems here. Constant “Roon lost control of the audio device because the input was switched” and “Transport in Use” now that I installed Devialet Beta 11.15.17, DOS 2.2.0 Beta4 on my MacMini. Unlike before, I can’t play anything through the Ethernet connection under “Networked.” But Roon does work with the CoreAudio as long as the AIR app is running on the MacMini.

Any news? Has anyone at Roon managed to have two Pros working at the same time as different zones playing different music? The response I have had from Devialet suggests that they haven’t tried this scenario…

I am now also seeing these Roon error messages occasionally. I have not yet had my Devialet Expert Pro upgraded with the CI boards nor am I using Devialet’s AIR software much less beta anything. This is simply with Roon AIR to my Devialet Expert 440 Pro.

This occurs perhaps every 3rd or 4th time I use Roon to stream to my Devialet. I can’t really see what it correlates with but it may have started with the most recent Roon update. It is never a permanent problem and usually resolves itself when I switch Devialet inputs away from ethernet and back again. It has, at least once, resolved itself without me doing anything at all. Strange…

@mike Have there been any adaptions in Roon 1.4 for Devialet users? Seems users are affected also using former firmware and without the CI board too.

No change to my situation with 1.4

I’ve updated to 1.4, but haven’t updated to the CI board yet (fyi, I’ve got a 1000Pro).

Roon 1.3 - Intermittent crackles, interference when streaming all types of files (WAV, FLAC, ALAC, MP3)
Roon 1.4 - Intermittent crackles, interference when streaming all sizes of files (WAV, FLAC, ALAC, MP3)

Same issues with 1.4 as previously with 1.3.

Antipodes DS --> AQVOX Switch --> Ethernet input of 1000Pro

Roon 1.3 : intermittent crackles when streaming 192kHz, never had crackles at 96kHz or below since Roon Air
Roon 1.4 : same
Intel Nuc with Roon Core --> TP LINK Switch --> old Airport Express --> Wifi input of Devialet Expert 200

Running version 2.1.0 + firmware 12.1.2 and still cannot use both my Pros at the same time, one always comes back with the message ‘transport in use’

Now problem happens too :frowning:
@support This hasn’t been there before the latest Roon update - any fix ahead?

SW is 11.5.18. Roon is now effectively dead for the Devialet. Audirvana works a treat. Time to walk away…

never had this problem till today. Roon what are you doing.

I have encountered similar situation after updating to Roon 1.4, but managed to solve the problem by resetting the Devialet Expert Pro - at standby, pressing the front main button until the reset screen shows. Hope this trick may help to solve your issue as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think my issue is slightly different, I can get each Pro working but not at the same time, I want them to work a separate zones. I’ve tried all you suggest and at present Devialet are going to try and reproduce my issue. Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

Can I suggest having a look at this post on the Devialet forums?
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4744
For me, the main issue was that the Mac mini was looking at the network AND the Devialets in a similar IP range, and would OFTEN have a clash and present the “Transport in Use” error.
Just changing the setup IP address has made it TOTALLY STABLE. It is SO much better- I just boot the whole thing from my phone or iPad and I can stream the Tidal Masters series and adjust DSP from my lounge chair- perfection.
Love Roon 1.4…

Does anyone know if anything is being done about this? It’s been weeks and I still can’t use Roon for streaming to my upgraded Devialet from my Antipodes without getting the error within an hour. I dreaded sending my Devialet back for the upgrade because AIR was working so well with ROON, and I feared something like this would be the upshot.

What does Devialet say?

Update from Devialet…

Sébastien Faure (Devialet)
Dec 27, 17:18 CET

Hi Dan,

I made a try on a 220 Pro and a 120 at the same time. Playing first a track via Roon into the 220 Pro and then switching to another Zone (Le 120) and trying to play an another track still via Roon.

I’m getting the same message as you “Transport: Device in use”, this is probably a limiation with the Devialet Air software which only enable a sign occurence of streaming via it’s communication protocol. Will open an internal escalation to see if there is a possible workaround or fix to address this issue.

will keep you post.

thanks
Sébastien Faure | Customer service & support Devialet
X

Do you know if there has been any movement on this? It’s super annoying that I can only listen to Roon for an hour or less before having to unplug the Devialet.

No movement, chased today. I am running latest SW 12.1.2 DOS 2.1.0 and have no issues running one Pro at a time, which firmware are you running? Have you tried a factory reset(which pulling the plug didn’t resolve)? This resolved another bizarre issue I had.